Summit Point April 22nd

andyguo1023

Hi all,
I'm planning to do my first track day at Summit point on April 22nd. I have been looking forward to doing this for a long time. Anyone planning to go?

As a broke college student, I do not own a track suit, and wonder if anyone has an extra that I can borrow. I know that N2 rents track suits, but even the smallest size is too big for me. I'm 5'9 and about 130lbs. My summer street riding gear is sized 44EU/34US, and they fit like second skin(aggressive style).
Can anyone help out? I would really appreciate it.

By the way, I'm located around central PA. If anyone around Harrisburg plans to go, let me know!

Cheers
Andy

2blueyam

I will be there with my friend. We will be on a blue R1 and a red and white Tuono. Sorry, I don't have a spare suit and it would be way to big if I did. If you have any questions or just want to chat feel free to stop by. Good luck finding a suit!

Motofun352

Control Rider
Good luck finding a suit, sorry to say my spares would be way too big. Summit will be my first time out this year, sooooo looking forward to it! Did you consider a 2 piece? May be easier to find. Just make sure that it has a full circumference zipper.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Welcome aboard Andy, not unlike Jack my suits would be way too big (6' & 210). If you make it out and need any help i should be there as well, look for the KTM Canopy and KTM's under it.

Tom

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Andy, welcome! My suits would be equally too large. 6'2" and clydesdale sized.

You might want to put a "wanted" listing in the equipment section of the forum classified - people who aren't planning to go to Summit but might have a solution for you may see it easier.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
I haven't been 130 pounds since middle school! Needless to say my extra suit would be way too large (46US). Someone might chime in here in the mean time that can help, but for now, I'd recommend sending an email to support@n2td.org and seeing if they have a suit in a size that'll be able to work. See you out there!

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Wow we're all a bit husky aren't we.

I've been trying to get below 200lbs for over a year. I'm running on average 3-4 miles a day, lifting, watching diet, some rowing, and just can't get the friggin weight down any more. Of course, I haven't really been below 200 in more than 10 years.....

That being said, I'm really great to draft behind. Kind of like a sheet of plywood heading down the front stretch.

andyguo1023

haha thanks for all the replies!
Yeah 130lbs is a bit too skinny I know. I used to be a bit more fit in high school ( when I did track and played soccer), with about 20 more pounds on me...but now I got lazy and school food sucks...and somehow my weight dropped.....
It really is hard to find fit gear for me, but I still have my hopes up. Now I have a couple of questions.

1. How fit should a track suit be? How tight? My current street/fun gear is Dainese super speed textile jacket with the Drake Air textile pants. They zip up together, but Im not sure if it's considered full circumference zipper..more like 300 degrees.

2. If I were to get my own track suit. Should I one size up so a full back protector could fit? (even though I don't have a full back protector..)

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
If you don't have a full back protector, you should. Maybe even consider getting a chest protector too. I don't know of anyone that's crashed and said "Man, I was really wearing too much gear for that crash".

A track suit should be snug, but not tight to the point where it restricts your movement - while on the motorcycle. It is completely normal to not be able to fully stand up in a suit, and the crotch should be "hugging the jewels" as much as you can take. The reason being, if the crotch is baggy, you will have very limited leg movement once on the bike. Too loose, and the suit will fold up/bunch up on you in a crash, and typically that fold burns through the pavement very quickly. If it's grossly too large for you, the armor/padding in your shoulders/hips/elbows will be able to roll around and not provide the protection they were designed to do.

buzz-06

Call TJ at riders discount 866-931-6644 extension 817... I understand you may not be able to afford something right now but TJ may have something he could hook you up with at an amazing discount. Trust me, it's worth your time to make a call and see what he can do. I should be at summit that weekend too, black dodge with a big pewter trailer, come by and say hi!

andyguo1023

Thanks everyone! I'll try my best to get everything ready.
On a side note, I've heard that setting up the suspension is super important. Is there someone at the track that can help me with it, or should I go to a shop and have them set up before the trackday? I ride a mostly stock R3 and I'm certainly no expert in adjusting suspension.

mpusch

Micah
Thanks everyone! I'll try my best to get everything ready.
On a side note, I've heard that setting up the suspension is super important. Is there someone at the track that can help me with it, or should I go to a shop and have them set up before the trackday? I ride a mostly stock R3 and I'm certainly no expert in adjusting suspension.

First track day? Ride and have fun. Suspension is important, but I wouldn't worry too much on (literally) day 1. Exception would be if something feels noticably wrong of course.

Safety checks on your bike would be what I'd focus on. If you haven't already, read through the manual on some of the important things you need to keep an eye on. Triple checking that stuff 1) helps keep you safe and 2) will likely make going through tech inspection a breeze!

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
First track day? Ride and have fun. Suspension is important, but I wouldn't worry too much on (literally) day 1. Exception would be if something feels noticably wrong of course.

Safety checks on your bike would be what I'd focus on. If you haven't already, read through the manual on some of the important things you need to keep an eye on. Triple checking that stuff 1) helps keep you safe and 2) will likely make going through tech inspection a breeze!

This. Unless you're riding on forks with blown out fork seals and leaking oil all over the place and onto your front brake, getting the suspension set up isn't required at all. It is one of those things that's really nice to appreciate after you get some real (AKA, on track) seat time with your bike and go "Wow!" at the before/after of getting the suspension tuned more to your weight/riding style.