Summit Point Jefferson 7/1

erichmond

Hi All,

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone at NESBA for an incredible track day at Jefferson on Sunday 7/1. I still can't believe I got the bump from B to I - that was totally unexpected. I was just out there riding and having fun chasing some of the other riders in B group. Special thanks to Dave, Jiggy and Emerson for all of the help throughout the day, especially with my body position, turn 3, and the straightening out the line before the fishhook turn. I really felt like I made some big improvements from morning to afternoon by working on the what the CR's were telling me. Jiggy - I hope my future riding in I is worthy of that bump you gave me!

I also want to thank everyone who rode B group on Sunday for being so much fun to ride with. Andy (red/gray ZX6 #17) if I hadn't ridden so hard chasing you in that 2nd last session I probably wouldn't have gottent that bump right along with you. Congratulations to you, too, for the bump to I! Andrew (blue FZ6R #314) I hope you enjoyed your first track day with NESBA and that you'll be back for many more! Thanks to you and John for the help in the pits!

And finally, thanks to the I riders who rode the last session for putting up with this newly-bumped (and really tired) slow guy out there in your group. Hope I didn't get in anyone's way.

Can't wait to ride with NESBA again at Summit Point Main on 8/5.

Cheers,
Ed

Jiggy

Control Rider
Continue to be a sponge Ed and you'll do just fine. Your ability to apply on the track every input/suggestion we gave you made this an easy bump. You earned it, congrats. Keep progressing, see you and your wife at the next event. :congrats:

andykurz

Had tons of fun riding with you too Ed - especially near the end of the day when it was pretty much just us.

I got only one video from the day, I think it was one of the late morning sessions. It was my first time using the GoPro, and I inadvertently had it set on "picture mode" for most of the day. Lots of pictures of the marshal talking on the radio! :banghead:

Ed, most of the rest of my season will be at NJMP; maybe a few back at Summit. I hope to see you out there again soon!

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qelmbm6GotY&feature=g-upl

flaggerjohn

That was me at pit out and please delete any photographs you have of me as I don't photograph well. Nice video. Had a good weekend out there working for NESBA. I am glad that I don't do anything embarrassing while you all are waiting to go out since I sometimes end up on Youtube. Hope to see you out there next event.

But in all seriousness. I really enjoy working with NESBA. I was very impressed with all of the riders who withstood such hot conditions and most of you came up to the grid with big smiles on your faces. Met some really great people this weekend. Looking forward to the next event.

erichmond

flaggerjohn,

Many thanks to you and your crew for all you do out there to make these track days fun and safe! That heat had to be way worse for you out there all day than it was for me as a rider, because when I was out on track I really didn't notice the heat at all. I was too busy concentrating on the riding and having way too much fun.

Looking forward to Summit Point Main on 8/5 and Jefferson on 8/26 and hopefullly some later dates too!

erichmond

Thanks for the congrats, everyone. I just hope I can ride to the I level on some of the other tracks too. I'll need some help on turn 3 at Summit Main, the whole 8-9-10 combination at Thunderbolt, turn 1 at Pittsburgh (actually the whole Beaverun track - I'm really nervous about going out there in I, though not sure I'll get out there again this year). Hmmm, I guess I really don't like left turns:)

Anyhoo, see you all at Summit Main on 8/5, NJMP on 8/12, and Jefferson on 8/26 and hopefully many more days at NJMP in the fall. Really wish I could get out on the track before 8/5 as I hate to have such a long break between my bump to I to actually riding in the I group; I'd like to be able to stay more current and not get rusty from such a long break. Oh well, be gentle with me I guys and gals, I'll be happy to provide you with an extra rider to pass out there:)