Summit Point May 2012 Weekend Video Thread

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Lenny ZX9R;241932 wrote: Hey D! Do you have that draft pass on video? If you do could you put it up? Great to see you this weekend to Darrin!
Try this one Lenny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDkfT4w8LY

This is from that session..so hopefully I didn't cut it out trying to edit the footage to fit on youtube. I know I reviewed it Sunday after I shot this session and saw your Draft/Blast pass on me and thought DAMN!

D-Zum;241934 wrote: Try this one Lenny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDkfT4w8LY

This is from that session..so hopefully I didn't cut it out trying to edit the footage to fit on youtube. I know I reviewed it Sunday after I shot this session and saw your Draft/Blast pass on me and thought DAMN!
Hey darrin, next time you go out on course, race the course not the guy in front out you. You seem to run the same guy down very easily and then get stuck behind him for the rest of the session. Look past the rider, think of him as a stationary object.

Grab a pen and pay attention to your tach and speedo. Write down the rpms and mph as you reach your reference points and then write down the same info as you enter or exit each corner before you catch him and then do it after you get behind him. You will see the drastic corner speed difference from you being alone to when you run up on traffic, "basically the same rider"

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
Handicapped Racer;242125 wrote: Hey darrin, next time you go out on course, race the course no the guy in front out you. You seem to run the same guy down very easily and then get stuck behind him for the rest of the session. Look past the rider, think of him as a stationary object.

Grab a pen and pay attention to your tach, and speedo, write down the rpms and mh as you reach your reference points and then write down the same info as you enter or exit each corner. You will see the drastic corner speed difference from you being alone to when you run up on traffic, "basically the same rider"
:adore:

Good Stuff T! Darrin, give it a try and I think you'll see an improvement in your times! Oh and That pass isn't there.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Agreed Lenny..thanks for the feedback/critique T. I seriously appreciate it.

Lenny, I'll go back and look at that session's footage..I SWORE I caught that on camera.

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
D-Zum;242167 wrote: Agreed Lenny..thanks for the feedback/critique T. I seriously appreciate it.

Lenny, I'll go back and look at that session's footage..I SWORE I caught that on camera.
Hey Darrin! That was another rider, the tail and the leathers are different. I was a little closer and just a TAD quicker going by! LOL!:wow:

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
mmmfishrighton;242049 wrote: Here is an I group vid from Sunday afternoon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUzmeSpPf2g
Hey Sloan,

Those last sessions you ran in I group were keepers. You made it look easy and having the video is a bonus ...... Congrats on your bump to A group. Trust me that you'll probably never get to pass that many bikes in one session again and outside passes in turn 5 won't be that easy in A group. Congrats again.

NegativeCamber

Bob
Control Rider
Here are some video segments from last weekend strung together. Left my tumble in there to be honest :). Also have the CR going down in Turn 5. this is my first post on the board, first time putting a movie together, first time putting one on youtube, and first time on the track in 5 years. So constructive criticism is welcome! Thanks for the great weekend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDN9f-3XTQE

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
Hey Bob! Great video!
Ok Constructive criticism, at about 1:47 I can see that when your downshifting it looks like you want to fly away! LOL! Look at the video and you'll see both of your elbows going up and down. The only thing that should really move when your downshifting is your wrist. When you, I call it, are "Beating up the bike" you put too much input into the chassis of the bike, making it unstable! Try to smooth out your downshifting by NOT moving you whole arm when you downshift!:popcorn:

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Like Lenny mentioned it looked like you was doing the funky chicken on your down shifts....Good vid though

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
Any suggestions for Cinnamon as he exits in turn 5 and lays his bike down at the :52 mark? ...... Looked pretty smooth:)

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
Hi Bob! Thats the first track bike I started out on hence the name Lenny ZX-9R! After I got some advice, I went to a GSXR-066 and LEARNED to ride that bike faster. Then I went to a 2001-2003 GSXR-750 and learned to ride that one faster and smoother! Now I have the Yamaha R1 and I'm still learning to ride that one even faster! LOL! It took me a little bit more time to learn this bike. You need to know HOW to apply the power to the ground on this one. It also has a bit more weight so I have to muscle it a little more, but for a liter bike it handles great!

mmmfishrighton

Control Rider
rewagner1;242259 wrote: Here are some video segments from last weekend strung together. Left my tumble in there to be honest :). Also have the CR going down in Turn 5. this is my first post on the board, first time putting a movie together, first time putting one on youtube, and first time on the track in 5 years. So constructive criticism is welcome! Thanks for the great weekend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDN9f-3XTQE
Nice video Bob. I prefer the no-windscreen shots...haha. Looking forward to VIR.

NegativeCamber

Bob
Control Rider
Lap times were definitely faster without the all that weight! ;) Hopefully Penske will fix my shock in time for VIR (or that there is no earthquake while the shock is out of the bike). It'll be my first time at VIR so you guys will need to show me the ropes!