Summit Point - Shenandoah Circuit - 7/10 - Layout?

JakeSizzle

Does anyone know if N2 does or does not use the Carousel section of the track? During my TPM days, every single TD ran the Carousel. I recently watched a friend do a MotoX day and they also ran the Carousel (as well as the Esses after the corkscrew).

Just curious what we will be seeing Sunday! I'd like to be able to compare my times to previous days but Shenny always seems to see a different layout.

If we do use the cut-through at the Bus-stop, how does that change race line? Obviously going to be carrying a lot less speed into the bus-stop, and it kills some of the late-brake passing you could so on the bridge strait.

CBRtist

The powers that be will need to chime on the exact configuration.. But until then, here is the track map I was directed to design for Shenny. The visual might be helpful in conjunction with subsequent posts in this thread.

Summit_Shenny_Shiloh_11x17OUTFINAL.jpg

JakeSizzle

Wow, this is way different! So N2 runs the start/finish line section? I always thought that the pit-wall was awful close for bikes. Other org's would run pit-pit at roughly where the #2 is listed in the picture above. I don't mind not doing the Esses, but I'll miss the Carousel!

GummyShark430

Control Rider
I do not think that this goes through the actual start/ finish line and the Pit Wall but its actually the "Old Ram". I thought they use the Pit Wall area for a hot pit between pit in and out.

CBRtist

I think this is the correct version, if not I'm sure I'll be told or it will be modified. I've never ridden Shenny personally.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
13631642_10208412035231190_9200602686378690576_n.jpg

JakeSizzle

Another question (for a friend who is first-timing N2). He wants to show up on Saturday. Will the gates be open Saturday afternoon/evening even though there isn't a TD that day?

tdelegram

Control Rider
Gates are traditionally open at 6:00 PM the night before with access to the cold pits from then throughout the end of the event. Sometimes they hold access until the pits clear a little more.

CBRtist

What are you waiting for? I thought you wanted to improve your riding skills.

Pleeeeeez I've been all kinds of up and down the coast this year... So I'm letting one slip by me haha.

Where have you been hiding Sir because I haven't seen ya yet? Even Mr. Ortega has made a guest appearance :rolleyes:

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Pleeeeeez I've been all kinds of up and down the coast this year... So I'm letting one slip by me haha.

Where have you been hiding Sir because I haven't seen ya yet? Even Mr. Ortega has made a guest appearance :rolleyes:
Haha Ok you have a pass this time :D I was afraid you would ask, my work schedule has been crazy! The good news is we're still early in the season, see you soon. :cool: