Summit Point turn 1, 8, and 9 question

Turbo329

Dear NESBIANS!

Can anyone shed some light as to what the best/fastest line through turn 1 is on the Main course? I've noticed that there are a ton of different lines through there.

-I've seen some stay all the way to the outside and then throw it over and accelerate up to turn 2 while being towards the middle of the track.

-I've seen others hug the inside of turn 1 and drift out on the gas coming out of the turn. (this one seems like they get through turn 1 quicker but then setting up for turn 2 would be a little more difficult it would seem)

-I've seen others arc right through the middle of turn 1

What's the best/correct way?

Also, what's the best way to set up turns 8 and 9 and when are you guys getting on the gas through 9. I ALWAYS get overtaken coming out of 9 therefore I must be doing something wrong.

Mikey75702

Can't help much, but it seems the line changes around summit quite often. Seems most people adjust to find the least bumpy line, then run with that. As for the best one, probably best to ask a cr to give you a tow and show you.

Turbo329

Mikey75702;186749 wrote: Can't help much, but it seems the line changes around summit quite often. Seems most people adjust to find the least bumpy line, then run with that. As for the best one, probably best to ask a cr to give you a tow and show you.
Thanks Mikey for chiming in. I was starting to think my threads were being boycotted. lol

Is it true that they just repaved some sections of the track? Hopefully they got rid of some of the bumps.

fitz

Turbo329;186771 wrote: Thanks Mikey for chiming in. I was starting to think my threads were being boycotted. lol

Is it true that they just repaved some sections of the track? Hopefully they got rid of some of the bumps.
Yes they repaved it at the beginning of last year which helped A LOT. But there are still some "ripples" that are present and getting worse. If you have a bicycle ride it around the track and you will really see what I mean. Still, it's a great track.

fitz

Landshark

Control Rider
If you are in the "I" or "B" group be sure to do the first two sessions. We typically have a standing yellow for the first two laps of those session so that riders can familiarize themselves with the track and the "line" which the CRs point out. CRs often will lead the entire first lap of every "B" session and every first lap up til lunch in "I". If you find you still have difficulty find a CR in the paddock and review.
If you are shy sketch out the track section and brief question and leave it on my seat. Don't let my wife see... she might get jealous and rip it up. Just kidding.

See ya there.

buzz-06

Turn 1 I tend to be more on the inside and start drifting out when on the gas, it doesnt make setting up for 2 all that difficult. Honestly I think it makes it easier when applying the throttle. The setup for 8-9 starts at 6, if you let it run to wide coming through 6 it messes up 7 which messes up 8 and so on. 6 I tend to be right in the middle and as you are nearing 7 just lightly reduce throttle, were not talking slamming it closed and loading the front, just a hair off will make the bike fall right into 7 and set you up for 8. 9 im 3rd gear and on the gas right at or just before the apex. You can really put it down right there long as you dont try to hold the inside to much, you will notice there is a big white paint spot by the candy canes on the exit of 9, you should be running right threw the middle of the paint spot coming out of 9. Im not a coach or anything just a fellow track day go'er that has finally managed to turn 1:20 and 1:19 laptimes around that place and this is whats been working for me. Best of luck to you and ride safe!

Yank 521

Control Rider
i should be there friday night and saturday. if you see me come up and chat. i will be more than willing to give you tips. i won't be riding so i will be free most of the time.

trekuhl

Control Rider
:haha: and if you have problems finding yank, just look for the creeper van with the huge white dog and tiny little man

-trey

Turbo329

Thanks guys!

I'll look for you yank. But if you spot me first, definitely pass by. I'll probably be the only one riding a ZX-7R (blue).