Sunday 6/30 Shenny Pics/Video Thread

All,

Thanks for taking the time/effort to put on another great event! Well worth the $50 and we're all glad the weather held up. If you have any pictures/videos from that day please post them here. Please note the group and session # if you have it. :cheers:

I want to personally thank all the CRs that followed me/helped me/then Bumped me to I group :adore:

Jason, thanks for the pit an advice throughout the day!

~Kevin

bboynicku

I took couple vids from I session later in the day so i'll post up when uploaded. It was my first time at shenny so not that fast haha

OH yea....CONGRATS ON THE BUMP!!!

erichmond

Kevin - congrats on that "I" bump. You were lookin' great out there on that beautiful Aprilia!

zx knight and Nick - it was a pleasure meeting you both and riding with you at Shenny. I think it may be my new favorite track!

zx - you were nailin' it on that sweeping left-hander going out on to the long straight away. Every time you passed me there I tried to hang with you but as soon as we got back around to that section you just pulled away.

Looking forward to riding with you guys again - Jefferson on 8/25 anybody?

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
No pics but had a great time on a stock 2007 CBR600RR with 28k miles on it. Threw some fairings, a shock, rearsets, and tires on it ....it rode better than I could have ever expected. Nice meeting some new folks...

50.00 was an amazing price. If you enjoyed it, tell your friends and come out to the other tracks.

Groups on Main today were extremely light. After lunch weather was amazing and they put the I-groups with the A-guys for extra track time.

9mmkungfu

Evil Cupcake;279375 wrote: No pics but had a great time on a stock 2007 CBR600RR with 28k miles on it. Threw some fairings, a shock, rearsets, and tires on it ....it rode better than I could have ever expected. Nice meeting some new folks...

50.00 was an amazing price. If you enjoyed it, tell your friends and come out to the other tracks.

Groups on Main today were extremely light. After lunch weather was amazing and they put the I-groups with the A-guys for extra track time.
Evil, was I pitted across from you? We talked about your bikes and how you're thinking about getting rid of the current B-bike. Nice to meet you!

Thanks guys! It was interesting to see how my suspension was pretty comfort just a few weeks ago...but as I kept hitting my marks and going a tad bit faster...the suspension was definitely feeling more loose lol

I too was running my GoPro and caught some B group videos .....I will post once they are uploaded.

TProc

I remember seeing your lines a lil wide from a ways back in session 5, then a few riders caught up and pushed me up to you. At 9:40 I came by you with a tap on the tail under the bridge to try and get you to tighten up all of your entrances.

Remember, at Shenny turns 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, bridge bend, bus stop are all tight to the curb entry and your speed will scrub off as you go thru the corner.

With this being the first time many were at Shenny the most natural feel is to swoop from outside entry but it not on Shenny.

Swooping outside entry pushes you wide and off line for the multiple multi apex corners.

I put the cones out for this day and they were pretty much set where you definetly need to be. The only one I did miss was the inside entrance (first apex) into 1. But in the video you can see how I enter it, and that is my fast line in A group as well, not just because of traffic.

When CR'n I will stay true to the fast line even if traffic balls up in front, as much as I can. Its a great tool for those being towed behind to see how off line most are in front of me, and then you can compare to where you are behind me.

Anyways........glad you had a blast.

motorkas

TProc;279419 wrote: I remember seeing your lines a lil wide from a ways back in session 5, then a few riders caught up and pushed me up to you. At 9:40 I came by you with a tap on the tail under the bridge to try and get you to tighten up all of your entrances.

Remember, at Shenny turns 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, bridge bend, bus stop are all tight to the curb entry and your speed will scrub off as you go thru the corner.

With this being the first time many were at Shenny the most natural feel is to swoop from outside entry but it not on Shenny.

Swooping outside entry pushes you wide and off line for the multiple multi apex corners.

I put the cones out for this day and they were pretty much set where you definetly need to be. The only one I did miss was the inside entrance (first apex) into 1. But in the video you can see how I enter it, and that is my fast line in A group as well, not just because of traffic.

When CR'n I will stay true to the fast line even if traffic balls up in front, as much as I can. Its a great tool for those being towed behind to see how off line most are in front of me, and then you can compare to where you are behind me.

Anyways........glad you had a blast.
Hey Travis. . .THANKS AGAIN for the tow and showing me the lines!!!!!!! I was cursing in my helmet when my hands started to go go numb (and the the reason for it was not the "vibes" from the bike but because I was gripping too hard:doh:). . .I was trying to tighten my lines but what throwing me off was turn 5 - when I entered it with what I thought was a tight line, there was a bump mid apex and when my knee was down, I hit the bump, the bike compressed and then my toe was sliding on the ground for a split second and then I was wondering how much further my hard parts were:(. . .I was trying to figure if there was another way through there with a wider line and as you said, it impacted all my other lines as well....

There were two very big take aways for me this weekend: 1) how important the right line is (and as a consequence, I'll be looking for a CR at the beginning of the day to show me the right line so I can keep to it for the rest of the day, rather than waiting till the end to figure it out and 2) The morning sessions are when I really need to work on the fundementals to carry me through the day. . .usually, I "play" in the morning, start to fatigue and since I'm naturally going at a slower pace as a result, use that as an opportunity to "work". I need to switch that around to "working" when I'm fresh and still continuing to do so as I start to fatigue. . .

Thanks again for helping me with the lines - Definitely looking forward to working with you in the future!!!!!!!

BT

BrandDC

I'll definitely look for a CR to follow the next time I'm on Shenny...it's a difficult track to solve on your own. I hadn't been on it in over 2 years and it definitely showed. Had a blast regardless!

zx knight

Nick: Can wait to see the footage and get back out there.

Ed: I try to keep at least one trick up my sleeve :)

Also big thanks to both you guy. That was my first TD riding alone and I came unprepared. No water, no tent, and I was a lil nervous but being able to hang with you'll really made the day enjoyable. Plus its was nice to be able to bounce around ideas about which line to take. If I get my other bike sold this weekend, im deff in on 8/25. Maybe even Main at the end of the month.

DDay85

Does anyone know the guy on the maroon red GSXR600 (damage on the left side from a fall a month prior at Shenny with RLMX)? I forget his name, but he was pitted near the exit of the big bend on the back straight and runs a car shop for BMW's and is Asian. His buddy said that he isn't on this forum, but would email me some footage of a NEAR high-side crash I almost had. I'd love to track him down and get the video footage from that session to use as a learning tool.

fitz

Kinda cool Laguna Seca-ish pic

IMG_1687_zps4368182b.jpg

fitz

zx knight;279532 wrote: Any more shots of this? Im pretty sure this was the last session. I was going back and forth with the gsxr. Im 127
No, sorry, looked through all the pics my wife took and no more of 127, a lot of that gsxr on my tail though.

HBWorth

Hi guys, I'm the GSXR guy so post up some pics if you got 'em.

This was my first time with NESBA and I was impressed with the way they run things. Nice smooth day and people were fairly well spaced out and skill levels seemed well matched. Had a great time but I ended up leaving around 2 because the heat was getting to me and I'm a fat old pussy. Next time however.....:D