Super Blue Turning Green!

Amac955

I rebuilt my brake calipers this spring and decided to try ATE Super Blue. It seems to work fine but everytime I put the bike and take it somewhere, I notice that the fluid in the tube from the m/c to the reservoir has turned green!

The first time this happened was at a MAM day, so I just bleed the m/c a little bit until there was blue fluid coming out and the brakes worked just fine.

It just happened to me again when I took my bike to the Air Base where I work to take some pics. I haven't bled it again but plan to.

Lever action still seems firm but I don't know what would cause it to turn color like that?

Anyone?

Joe Vital

is the fluid in the reservoir still blue? i think the tubing may have a yellow tint and that makes the fluid look greenish-at least that is what the deal is on my bike.

the clear (yellowish..) tubing i use is tygon 2075

Amac955

Superblue turning Green

Joe I think you're right! I rolled the bike back inside and I'll be d*mned if the fluid doesn't look blue again! I also have some kind of tygon brake lines (don't remember the #) but they do have a little bit of a yellowish tint to them. Being a touch color-blind doesn't help either!

Thanks!

Aaron

Joe Vital

cool.
as long as the brake fluid is not cloudy or brown you are good to go.
it is a good idea to change it out at least once a season. ATE makes both blue and yellow super blue. they are completely the same stuff except for the color. it makes it easy to tell when the system is flushed. if you have the blue/yellow stuff flush it with the yellow/blue and it becomes obvious have gotten all of the old out.