Superbike Tail Form 09-12 zx6r

blueninja1

Hi, does anyone have an 09-12 zx6r using the superbike tail and foam seat? I cannot find any manufacturer who makes custom foam seats for those years and the superbike tail is hard to come by as well. If you cut out the pattern from the block will it contribute to the foam falling apart? What is the best foam to use? Can anyone post up pics of the setup? What superbike tail did you end up going with (Manufacturer)?

A few have pre cut foam for the 07/08's. Is this a close fit to the 09-12 models?

Thanks.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
blueninja1;270578 wrote: Thanks D. Any idea if it's a close fit to the 09-12 though? That one is for 07/08.
It's a generic pad it will work on any superbike tail.

j_fuggin_t

lockhart phillips fast glass is the only set i know of that has a superbike tail.. looks like nice stuff but i'm leary to give it a shot

blueninja1

i've been waiting for your response jt. i know you have a nicely set up zx6r, 09-12 as well.

I want to get the full attack performance body kit (excluding the tail because they only make supersport tail). I have only a couple choices for superbike tail at the moment because Lockhart is currently out of stock indefinitely.

The following 2 links are my best options for the sbk tail:

http://www.suretribe.com/fiberglass-racing-track-fairing-bodywork-for-kawasaki-2009-2010-zx6r/
http://www.wet4uracing.com.au/index.php?cPath=1_29_35

I am leaning toward wet4u racing because they have a little bit more credibility on various forums.

With respect to seat foam, do you also use the same that dzum recommended or do you cut your own?

Thanks in advance.

j_fuggin_t

I like armor bodies personally. In fact ive got a set that i can let go of thats new. The lower was misdrilled due to the nose cone being 5mm too long. Its been fixed since then. All youd have to do is fill and redrill the back lower mounts.

blueninja1

yeah i had some armour bodies before, they are not bad, decent fit and good flex. I hear attacks fitment is dead on though, so kind of looking forward to ordering a set.

I just got an answer (within 5 mins from wet4uracing), not bad. I believe they are based in AUS, which explains why they are able to answer this time of night. I asked him about mounting hardware to mount the base and superbike tail. He said that I will have to figure out how to mount it. I assumed that they would have to sell the screws/bolts. That seems odd to me, but I guess it won't be hard to find the necessary things. What screws are needed to mount the tail section and base that goes under the tail?

j_fuggin_t

If you want dead on buy sharkskinz.. Predrilled and throw them on. No idea how to mount the sb tail i still use the stock seat.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
blueninja1;270593 wrote: Okay awesome! Thanks bro.
You're welcome..but easy on the bro stuff. You have a LONG way to go with me.

It's going to be a while before we even consider cuddling.

Ruhe52

In some cases if you provide stock seat and subframe shark Skinz can make you a tail. Call Swens and see what he suggests

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

Support our Servicemen and Women
www.swettwarriors.org

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson

blueninja1

Spoke to a contact from SharkSkinz today who informed me that they infact are offering a superbike tail for the 09-12 zx6r. This is possible due to a one-off customer who requested it and offered his bike to help create the mold. It is not up on the website but should be in the future.