Supersport or Superbike tail?

haze748

Sammiches
Which one and why? I'm in the process of completing a set of bodywork(07 R6); already have the upper/fender but I'm not sure which tail I would benefit from more. Looking for input from the track whores out there who have experience with both. What are the advantages/disadvantages besides cost of course in your opinions? Any input is appreciated. Cheers!

avizpls

#11-A
A superbike tail will need supported underneath. Some bikes more than others I'd imagine. Not sure what the solutions out there are from the kit maker.

haze748

Sammiches
Yeah I've seen the hardware needed for a superbike tail. I think STG sells the kit; at least for the R6.

z064life

love my superbike seat pan on my R1...I sit more on top of the bike making it more comfortable to get my weight over the tank. I can also move around on the foam pad much easier than the stock seat.

Poper

Superbike...once you try it you won't go back. Don't be discouraged by the stiffer ride; you will feel everything that is happening underneath you.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
I'm going with a superbike tail set up this winter to see what the hype is all about. I'd love to have more feel from the back end.

Some use seat pads and some don't. How much do the foam pads detract from the feel vs just sitting on the plastic?

Poper

I use a cut-to-fit 99 cent 4mm pad. The thicker ones are nice, but they all feel mostly the same. Others tell me that my abundant "natural" seat foam gives me more than enough cushion! :D

Meat

My bike came with 2 Superbike tails when I bought it. When someone helped me destroy my bike at Jennings, I got a SuperSport tail.

I prefer the SuperSport tail on my 2008 R6. My legs are thick and short. My adductor muscles (meat on inner thighs) are a bit bigger than average. So, the corner of the seat area, on SB tail, dug into my adductors at times....due to the SB seat area is flatter than the OEM seat.

knut

Control Rider
Meat;297442 wrote: My bike came with 2 Superbike tails when I bought it. When someone helped me destroy my bike at Jennings, I got a SuperSport tail.

I prefer the SuperSport tail on my 2008 R6. My legs are thick and short. My adductor muscles (meat on inner thighs) are a bit bigger than average. So, the corner of the seat area, on SB tail, dug into my adductors at times....due to the SB seat area is flatter than the OEM seat.
Hey Scott.
Will you be at Jennings this year again ? This year we MUST race..... I hope you will. Maria and I'll be there for sure. :rolleyes:

/P

Meat

knut;297462 wrote: Hey Scott.

Will you be at Jennings this year again ? This year we MUST race..... I hope you will. Maria and I'll be there for sure. :rolleyes:

/P

I am probably not going to be able to make it this year, which sucks because I always really enjoy seeing you and Maria.

And it would have been fun to try and keep up with you.

Hopefully I will see you a few times this season. Are you doing the CCS season opener at Roebling?

knut

Control Rider
Meat;297501 wrote: I am probably not going to be able to make it this year, which sucks because I always really enjoy seeing you and Maria.

And it would have been fun to try and keep up with you.

Hopefully I will see you a few times this season. Are you doing the CCS season opener at Roebling?
Pity you can't make it to Jennings.
I'll do my first race at CMP in April. Will only do Atlantic with CCS.
Yes, hope to see you later this spring.

/P

haze748

Sammiches
Took forever, but just ordered an Armour Bodies SBK tail. I've been told it should come with the support hardware; hope it does.