Suspension Help July 3 Jefferson

MaveR1ck

Hi all,

I will be at Summit point jefferson circuit on Saturday July 3. I have a 2009 Triumph daytona 675 and am looking for some guidance from any willing Control Riders on setting the pre-load and sag settings. I have no tools for my suspension because Triumph is not cool and does not supply a tool kit with bike. I did some very basic measurements tonight and found that my front forks were at 34mm and my rear shock was at 51mm, so I know I have some work to do in the rear and that the front is close. Any help or advice is much appreciated. I will be there early saturday morning. I'm driving a white 4 Runner with a Red bike.

Thanks in advance,
Dan

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
If you were riding Main on Monday..I'd be glad to help.

Usually there's never a shortage of folks willing to help at any NESBA event.

jsmalnar

Id like to watch so that I can get an idea of how to do this. Ill be there friday night/ saturday.

Brian Laws

Just changed my plans and will be coming out mid-day on Sat. I'll be happy to help if you and Chris aren't able to link up.

Tony A

I'm not a cr, but i could help also. will be there all day sat.

grey truck and trailer and bike looks like the pic

Steve

I would be willing to help too. I have a grey car and trailer and my bike is the same as the one in my avatar.

I guess it just depends on who you pit closest to

brandonh98

slowpoke;137520 wrote: I'll be there on the 3rd and can give you a hand setting the sag.
Don't let slowpoke touch your bike...he doesn't know what he's doing..haha..JK

I'll be there as well driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee with a black 5x8 enclosed trailer...ride a flat black 636 #98....Stop by and say hi and we'll get you fixed up...

Here is some literature to give you an idea what needs to be done...its really not hard at all...and unless triumph does something different that I'm not aware of you don't need any special tools...

http://www.feelthetrack.com/tuning_guide.htm

And 51mm of sag in the rear?....I hope you measured something wrong because I don't think you're going to get 20mm of adjustment without changing the spring...

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
D-Zum;137496 wrote: If you were riding Main on Monday..I'd be glad to help.

Usually there's never a shortage of folks willing to help at any NESBA event.
Are you going to be at Main this Monday? July 5th????