Tbolt - bad lap vs good lap

erick1670

that was nice for those that dont know the track, but for those in :b: just have to follow you the very good :cr:

I was waching some of the other sessions and the one that instructor goes behind the rider, was good, but they should have given the riders 2 laps to really see what the rider is doing b/c one lap is just to get loose, warm the tires get up to speed, for guys that do this on DOT`s they tires are just sliding all over and even on street tires you need some heat..... but that`s is just my 2cts.

but overall great!

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I really didn't gain anything from that video. The first lap, the lead bike isn't in the picture for half the time. The second bike should have held back a bunch and kept him in the frame. He just stayed on the race line while the first bike swings back and forth. The second lap is just them riding the race line. I would have liked to see a lot more separation between the two for both laps.

BTW, why is he hitting the brakes before the front straight? Maybe it's just me, but I ride FLAT OUT through there!:D

slowpoke

Thunderace;147174 wrote: I really didn't gain anything from that video. The first lap, the lead bike isn't in the picture for half the time. The second bike should have held back a bunch and kept him in the frame. He just stayed on the race line while the first bike swings back and forth. The second lap is just them riding the race line. I would have liked to see a lot more separation between the two for both laps.

BTW, why is he hitting the brakes before the front straight? Maybe it's just me, but I ride FLAT OUT through there!:D
For the FLAT OUT rider like yourself, there's very little to learn from that one:D

This one may be a little better, but still not flat out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpFIj104pXo

Poper

Thunderace;147174 wrote: BTW, why is he hitting the brakes before the front straight? Maybe it's just me, but I ride FLAT OUT through there!:D
Jim,

From reading Nick's book and his article in "The Belly Pan", I believe he is just tapping or setting his front break to slightly get the nose down for a quicker turn-in. I think a huge component to his teaching is trail breaking, and using this technique in almost every corner. I could be wrong though!

Oh, and solid "FLAT OUT" usage I must say.

thundertwini

i watched a bunch of these videos. does anybody think it is weird that they are all just standing around on the front straight as bikes whizz by? WTF? Isn't that what pit lane is for?

everytime they come around the final corner and I see a bunch of bikes parked on the right side it spooks me.

Tony A

From outside looking in, yes.

Being there no, we all knew that during this section of training that bikes and people would be off to the side of track.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
you think that is crazy..try standing between T4 and T5 as you watch some superfast dudes practice throttle blipping from 5th to 2nd!

rob92

Control Rider
N2
thundertwini;147749 wrote: i watched a bunch of these videos. does anybody think it is weird that they are all just standing around on the front straight as bikes whizz by? WTF? Isn't that what pit lane is for?

everytime they come around the final corner and I see a bunch of bikes parked on the right side it spooks me.
Also keep in mind, there was only about 20 of us and we were all very clearly instructed what to do. If you notice, as each of us turns onto the straight, hand goes up, etc. This was to help save time, keep everyone in one group so we can continually review/discuss as a group. We also went out one at a time, so it looks strange but was quite ok.

sternsi

Control Rider
you can drag the front brake with the gas pinned to help the bike steer at pace.. not something most people should be trying. :D