Team Sweden goes ballistic

knut

Control Rider
Thanks all the NESBA people for a great weekend at Beaverun. Perfect (0K a little to hot.....) weather Saturday.
Had a very good time on the track and in the paddock. And manage to lower my PB with 5 Sec (yes, 5 sec) on Saturday.
Thanks to all the guy's (like Dennis, Rich, Big Jim and others) that "towed" me around, and a special thanks to Rob that helped me with my race line so I could get the 5 sec. Great Saturday.

Sunday. Good start. And a perfect 2nd sessison. 7 laps in the laptimer. All -02 or -03.....Yeay........ Then...............
My radiator started to leak. AGAIN......Grrrr.. It's only 7 weeks old......

So......what to do. Of course......My wife has a bike.....and teched for A class too (huuummm....had problems with my bike before...was prepared) And she was so kind to let me have it for a session. BUT............... Forgot to lower the tire pressure....
and on Q2............

So of course. A highsider in the carousel. And on a 600....Must be a world record. Embarrasing :banghead:........Went ballistic....and when when coming back to earth......The fxxxxxg bike hit me kind of hard. And found myself in the middle of the track. Nice......not so.......Tried to stand up and run....but my left foot didn't agree to that. So, I crawled on my hands and knees to the grass. Super good help from all to get me and Marias bike back to the paddock.

Kind of embarring coming back. Lot of people, and I had crashed my wifes bike..... Not fun, felt like an idiot..:banghead:
But all were very helpful. Thanks a lot, and very few commented the fact about who's bike....

Down+ to the hospital. Kind of fun. They were all kind of very boring, but when I told then I had been at Beaverun, they were very nice.......

So, now home in bed. 3 broken bones in my left foot. 1 broken bone in my left hand. My right side is VERY soar, and my left butt side.............Huuunnn will take some time before I can sit normal. And I was supposed to go to Chcago 6 AM tomorrow.....

Tormorrow, the hospital again and get a cast or two. And cancel VIR in 3 weeks. And get to the local bike dealer and get parts for Marias bike so she can drive at VIR. But I will there any how.

Right now, Maria is not that pissed at me, but she was so close to get bumped to I, so now.....I have to pay her a lot in many ways to make her happy.....:adore:

For all of you that helped Maria to load the bikes and pack everything. Thanks a lot. I don't know how it was, but I know that
Dennis (the guy next to us in the paddock)
Chris (Cpt America)
Nancy (Jacks wife)
Alex (Chicago if I remember right)
And if I have missed any, thanks to you too.

Big Jim, did you get the incident on film ?

Again, I had a great weekend. :D

/Patrick

PS, sorry for my bad spelling........

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I hope you heal up quickly. I came around right after it happened and saw you and the bike in the track. I could tell you were hurt. Feel better!

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Heal up Patrick! Sorry to see the crash, but I've also never seen anyone pull 5 seconds out of their butt before! That's an accomplishment.

knut

Control Rider
Thanks Judy and Rob.
The hand is not that bad...........but my foot is not so good. Guess it will take some time. But on the other hand. Every time I have crashed, I have got faster. So next time at beaver run.....1.01.xx :D

CU you at VIR in 3 weeks.

/Patrick

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
Patrick, sorry to hear about the broken bones. All I got on video is you and the bike on the track. You were done crashing when I came through. I was at the beginning of my braking when you were apexing the turn, so I was just a little too far back to get anything. Heal up quickly and maybe in a couple of months we'll see each other again at BeaveRun.

knut

Control Rider
Thunderace;203666 wrote: Patrick, sorry to hear about the broken bones. All I got on video is you and the bike on the track. You were done crashing when I came through. I was at the beginning of my braking when you were apexing the turn, so I was just a little too far back to get anything. Heal up quickly and maybe in a couple of months we'll see each other again at BeaveRun.
Pity you miss me on the film. Would love to see the crash....:) Next time.

We don't have any more trackdays at Beaverun planned this year, but I guess you will ne at VIR 3 weeks from now.
Will be there and support Maria. If I can. Or just be in the padock drinking beer for 2 days...:D

See you Jim.

/P

knut

Control Rider
Oldmxer281;203684 wrote: Patrick, sorry to hear about the injuries. Heal up soon and I give you another lemon whoopie pie!
Thanks Rich
Looking forward to the cookies. They was yummy......:)

/Patrick

Meat

Patrick!!! What a bummer!! So good to here that Maria didn't beat your broken foot on way to hospital. She sure is sweet for that one.

Heal up and come back faster than ever.

knut

Control Rider
Meat;203722 wrote: Patrick!!! What a bummer!! So good to here that Maria didn't beat your broken foot on way to hospital. She sure is sweet for that one.

Heal up and come back faster than ever.
You bet. Been told you many times. After every crach.....being faster. :D
And yes, she is very sweet....:adore:

CU at VIR north in 3 weeks ?

/P

knut

Control Rider
kimmiegrews;203776 wrote: Darn Patrick, sorry to hear about your injuries :(

Heal up quickly!!!!
Thanks Kimmie.
But this time I was on that bike. Not just crashed it.......:confused:
CU soon.

/Patrick

A59

As always I'm glad it wasn't any worse than it is, but I'm sorry for your misfortune and hope you heal quickly. A lesson learned. It was nice to meet the both of you, you're good people (as most at Nesba events). Hope to be at the track with you before too long, maybe we'll pit together again. I should have been so kind as to show you some of my lines and tow you, but I'm always wanting to go all out (for the few laps I can manage). Maybe next time. Keep us posted on your recovery.
And It was nice to be back out and riding again and also nice to see some old faces and meet some new. August back at the Beav, see some of you then.

knut

Control Rider
A59;203830 wrote: As always I'm glad it wasn't any worse than it is, but I'm sorry for your misfortune and hope you heal quickly. A lesson learned. It was nice to meet the both of you, you're good people (as most at Nesba events). Hope to be at the track with you before too long, maybe we'll pit together again. I should have been so kind as to show you some of my lines and tow you, but I'm always wanting to go all out (for the few laps I can manage). Maybe next time. Keep us posted on your recovery.
And It was nice to be back out and riding again and also nice to see some old faces and meet some new. August back at the Beav, see some of you then.

Good to meet you too Dennis. And I agree, want to be out SOOOOOON again. but if I can make it to Road Atlanta, I will be happy.

Next time at Beaverun, I will be faster first lap and don't let you fly away from me...:poorguy:

After checking Marias bike today, we found out we have to get a new front fork too. It will be expansive for me.....
But ok, if I broke it, I pay......:banghead:

See you soon again Dennis.

/Patrick

R1Baby

Control Rider
Hey Patrick

Glad we all could help get you packed up, that's the NESBA Family.

"Right now, Maria is not that pissed at me, but she was so close to get bumped to I, so now.....I have to pay her a lot in many ways to make her happy."

I told Maria that 2011 R6 has such a nice ring to it. Heal up quick.

Chris
Captain America