tech help

blankwall

I am looking for the basis of the day. What do you need to bring to tech? The bike obviously do u bring your leathers and helmet and boots and gloves or what? I have a two piece suit with a 360 zipper but theres a little gap where the pants zip is this a problem or is that normal? Anything special that will help save some time? Thanks for all the help.

beac83

Blankwall - Welcome to Nesba!

If you read through the tech requirements in the Riders Manual, it explains what is going to be checked, both bike and gear.

What many of us do is wear the helmet and boots, and put the leathers/gloves over the tank for tech. Since you've got two-piece, you can wear the pants if you like and carry the jacket.

Tech will check the bike for B group checking for:
Any obvious problems with the bike that may cause a problem for you or others on the track
fluid leaks/levels
loose steering head
loose bolts/plastics/things that may fall off
brake levers function
brake pads
tire wear
chain tension
side stand kill switch (if the bike has a side stand)
Lights/reflectors properly taped, brake light disconnected or bulb removed (so it doesn't light)
mirrors removed

Your gear needs to be in reasonably good condition so that you have some protection should you have an off. Again, check the Riders Manual for details

If you are just doing the Intro Sessions, (first two morning B sessions) the requirements (for bike and gear) aren't as strict. See the Riders Manual for details.

Full circumference zips don't actually go a full 360 degrees. What you describe is a full-circumference zip, so you should be fine.

Prepare to have an incredible time! What day/track are you headed for?

blankwall

Ive done a trackday with team promotion so i know itll be awesome. I just wanted to make sure that my suit is ok. Little worried about the whole zipper thing. Im headed to njmp on october 16th.

blankwall

The zipper for the jacket is connected to a different material then sewn to the jacket. That is normal correct?

mike574

Do you know the name of the suit. That might help. I had a Joe Rocket balsitic 2 peice a few years ago that was legal.

blankwall

Belkin moto gp suit it is a jacket with another piece sewn onto the bottom with the zipper connects to the pants all the way excpet for where the pants button guy i bought it from used it for the track it has knee pucks and all the armor im just unfamilar with 2 piece suits. Just wanted to make sure its all good.

Mikey75702

Yes the suit sounds good. My teknic 2 piece attaches the same way. There is like a 6 inch Gap right above my crotch, and the zipper is covered by the main shell of the suit. It is kinda tucked up inside a bit.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Sounds ok. It should pass. IMHO, not an ideal arrangement, but that's how most 2 piece suits are made, unless they're custom. It allows for more flexibility in waist/height. My friend's 2 piece Taichi is made the same way.

Eventually, as you do more trackdays and budget allows, get a 1 piece and save the 2 piece for the street.:)

Welcome to NESBA! I may be at NJMP that weekend, look me up if you have any questions.