Tentative Putnam Dates Getting Smaller

Germany

I just wanna ride, and I rather do that wis Nesba than with anyone else. However with the schedule in 2011 and 2012 I guess I will spend more time and money with STT and MOTOVID.

mike27

People can say we are jumping the gun with our schedule not being out yet but when we look at Putnam and Blackhawks schedules, it's impossible not to speculate that our schedule is going to be pretty bleek when it is posted. It's too bad considering how most of these posts are people saying they would above all, rather ride with Nesba than any other group, but will ride elsewhere if need be. Obviously Nesba has loyal customers. I will ride with who I have to but I would prefer to do so with Nesba. I've had no bad experiences with STT, I just feel more comfortable and enjoy riding with Nesba. As do a lot of people. Hope things turn out better than it's looking

RubberSideDown

gkotlin;226912 wrote: What Putnam makes is irrelevant. Remember that in the Midwest the season is half as long as it might be on other areas of the country. So they have to make a years worth of income in 6-8 months.

Again, we're not even into 2012 yet. Give them time to work things out and they schedule will work itself out.
I agree that there is less time to work with in the Midwest. When dealing with the challenge of a compressed timeline you need to pack in the dates. That is not what we are seeing here. Also you must attack the prime time dates. For NESBA that is May, June, July and August. How dates does NESBA have at BHF and Putnam over this time slot...one at each, not good.

As for the wait and see philosophy, we tried that last year and how did that work out? Started with 0 Putnam dates and ended with 0 Putnam dates.

BrokenSafety;227028 wrote:
Not my region, but how about the local management team say something. Seems like they would know something, if not say you dont. If I have a problem with a local Sears, then I speak to local management, then call the head office, if I dont like what I hear - Pretty simple.

So, who runs your region? I know Chris and John have the North/east and Southeast and they are pretty vocal with issues on the board.

Is anyone manning the ship over here?
Last year we had a similar thread and Fred Duncan chimed in briefly. The Midwest seems to hold the card closer to their chest than your region. I thing that "No news is bad news".

I looks bad for the future of the midwest. When I joined in 2010 we had Putnam once a month, yes once a month from April to October. In 2011 we had 0 dates at Putnam. Now BHF is dropping off significantly. To remain relavent NESBA has to get dates. If that means starting negotiations earlier, personnel changes or a influx of capital from "corporate" it needs to happen FAST!
Last year with not having dates at Putnam I did not ride with NESBA MW at all. How many other fell into this category? Now BHF is in a similar situation. This can't be good for the revenue stream.

gonecrazy

I am a board member of the MCRA. and yes we moved our date to the later 21-22 date at putnam.contracts signed and in. We were actually in line for a date change before nesba was even considered, but putnam staff first gave it to nesba because they thought it would be easy fill for the cycle options dates that were given up. The total fail part was that nesba didnt get there contracts in by the deadline so we took the date. Im sure that early april date could still be open now. its easter weekend. we have a full schedule with our I-70 series so the later aug date wasnt needed. Just a little insite.

gonecrazy

Also it seems like alot of you are only driven to ride with one group. Even though MCRA is my home group since I am on the board I still ride with other groups also. Doesnt matter to me much on who it is as long as there program runs descent and there dates fit my schedule. Now the membership fees kinda suck when these different froups require it. we dont have any as some other groups dont either. but if I wanna ride a certain date I just bite the bullett.

Relic

gonecrazy;227168 wrote: ...The total fail part was that nesba didnt get there contracts in by the deadline so we took the date.
So now we get closer to the root of the problem.

Nexus

So someone please update me again....how many confirmed/tentative dates are at Blackhawk this year with Nesba?

gonecrazy

Relic;227178 wrote: So now we get closer to the root of the problem.
yea, most tracks are pretty strick about getting the contracts in on time along with the deposits. I see your from missouri also. have I met you at one of the gateway trackdays

RubberSideDown

Nexus;227206 wrote: So someone please update me again....how many confirmed/tentative dates are at Blackhawk this year with Nesba?
I counted three NESBA dates on the BHF calendar and zero on the NESBA MW calendar. I count that as three tentative.
The problem for me is I will ride with a different org. before driving 8 hours one way for a track day.

Relic

gonecrazy;227209 wrote: yea, most tracks are pretty strick about getting the contracts in on time along with the deposits. I see your from missouri also. have I met you at one of the gateway trackdays
Never done Gateway before although I see a couple of MCRA dates with Gateway this year that's got me thinking. I plan to do most of the MCRA days with Putnam and Topeka this year. If you like, PM me your information if you are from the St. Louis area...always looking for buddies to share drives/rides.

fitz

Relic;227178 wrote: So now we get closer to the root of the problem.
Maybe, or it could mean NESBA wasn't interested in Putnam and didn't bother. :dunno:

A shame about the MW though, seemed like you guys had a real strong group.

Fritz

My two cents... from NESBA home page, "The Northeast Sportbike Association (NESBA) is a non-profit, volunteer-run organization", just curious how many have offered to help the MW group in scheduling or helping in/at any events at all. We all enjoy the time on the track, but maybe a little volunteer effort off the track could reap some nice rewards for the entire organization.

Fritz;227246 wrote: My two cents... from NESBA home page, "The Northeast Sportbike Association (NESBA) is a non-profit, volunteer-run organization", just curious how many have offered to help the MW group in scheduling or helping in/at any events at all. We all enjoy the time on the track, but maybe a little volunteer effort off the track could reap some nice rewards for the entire organization.
I know a few that would be happy to help out the mw region if they could.

racer23

Welcome back from vacation Fred........

Been offline for a few days, seems like this years silly season is sillier than others.

When I talked to Kathleen Casey in regards to the 2012 schedule, I requested our historic dates, mid April, June, 4th of July week, and CCO weekend. She penciled us in at that time. We were only offered April and September dates for whatever reason, you would have to ask Kathleen about that. I was as surprised as anyone given what Nesba Midwest has done for BFR with the Airfence donations.

Does it suck? Hell yes. Do I feel betrayed? Hell yes.

Gingerman,
Gingerman was very poorly attended our last 3 events, 2008 we had approx 34 riders per day, and in 2009 we had 18 riders per day. Hard to justify keeping a track like that on our schedule.

As far as Putnam goes, as far as I know, we are in negotiations for three dates there this year. It seems there is an Administrator from another org on here stating otherwise, but until I hear it from DJ, it is merely speculation. In regards to last season, and Nesba not getting any dates, we always made the payments prior to the event date. Last season we were offered terms which we didn't feel were in the best interest of the club and declined the dates we were offered.

We are actively seeking dates at all Midwest tracks, thank you all for your passion for our region.

Next time I go away, I won't leave my laptop at home.

scott1050

would like to get into trackdays and Putnam being right up the road I am going to keep an eye on it for right know.

j_fuggin_t

racer23;227251 wrote:
When I talked to Kathleen Casey in regards to the 2012 schedule, I requested our historic dates, mid April, June, 4th of July week, and CCO weekend. She penciled us in at that time. We were only offered April and September dates for whatever reason, you would have to ask Kathleen about that. I was as surprised as anyone given what Nesba Midwest has done for BFR with the Airfence donations.

Does it suck? Hell yes. Do I feel betrayed? Hell yes.
:agree: I've spent quite a few bucks, whether it was a drop in the pot, Amanda making food, the $100's i've spent to make chili. It just goes to show the lack of appreciation and that US NESBIANS making a facility safer to ride on doesn't mean shit, but thats about all i'm gonna say on that before i get myself in trouble..

:notsure:

dlockhart5x

racer23;227251 wrote: until I hear it from DJ,
We are actively seeking dates at all Midwest tracks, thank you all for your passion for our region.

I'll blame DJ he just aint as cool since he sold the TZ :D

cooker1

I got an insider/partner phone number for ACC that I passed along maybe I should just call myself and try to set something up ?