Tentative Putnam Dates Getting Smaller

paintedblue

gkotlin;227912 wrote: Iowa speedway. I went to this event every time Nesba went there. When we pulled in the first time....

I'd be all over another trip to Iowa speedway.
I was there when we were first "invited". Iowa was fun. I'd definitely go back. I have several videos from there. One, in particular, of Greg trying to make contact with the concrete wall at pit lane. I think he had an "oh shit" moment when he realized he was way too deep to make turn one. :wow: :D

Here's one but I'll have to dig up the one with Greg.
http://youtu.be/SJRYDpFS4mg

Amac955;227921 wrote: + 1. I love that place. Bring it back PLEASE! You'll make a bunch of Iowegians happy and let me introduce some of my newer riding friends to NESBA. Besides, I want to chase Greg, 5axis and MiKe around now that they're all big shot racers!
+ another.

but you can't just make up words. Makes you sound like you're from iowa.

Amac955

jaren warren;227997 wrote: + another.

but you can't just make up words. Makes you sound like you're from iowa.
the term Iowegians can in fact, be found in the Oxford English dictionary, and has been attributed as far back as the year 2000 to none other than our own former Mid-West Director, Garth Cloyd.

Morrand

I've got little to add on top of [post=226961]what I already had to say,[/post] but as far as I can tell, this most recent news doesn't signal the kind of change at HQ that's going to be needed for NESBA to continue in existence for much longer. How is competition in the south? If the weather is that much nicer, we'd better be able to get and keep a strong footing there, or we don't stand any better of a chance there than in Michigan or Kansas.

It doesn't sound like the communication between HQ and the region is very effective. Certainly, it doesn't sound like Fred, or anyone else at the regional level, had any idea this was coming, and I assume this was not a snap decision that was just made today. I don't often claim to deserve anything, but, at the least, the membership deserves to know if they're going to continue to have something to be members of. Moving the territory isn't going to change that.

If anyone wants to contact me, they can give me a holler through http://amorriseng.com (old-schoolers can Telnet the same address for a bit of a flashback). Meantime, I do wish NESBA the best of luck on the new turf, and for a change in all our fortunes for 2013.

As ever,

Morrand
#561 B

Kegger

Good seeing you tonite! How about a big helping of "you'll get nothing and like it" with those wings?:haha: