Thanks for the great time at CMP

dsemian

Having just completed my first trackday weekend with Nesba, just wanted to say thanks to all the CR's and the other people who made it a blast. Traffic flow was certainly "interesting" in B group at times, but was handled well, and I for one had a great time. That was me on the green zx6r (767), so if I was ever in anyones way, sorry, I am a true novice just trying to learn and appreciate any good help I can get. :)

smack28752

Dave, we had a great time out there and it was good to meet you. It looked like you were having a fun time out there indeed. Thanks for lining up the garages for us. Hope to get to ride with you again soon (maybe we won't have to keep standing in the sun on the grid!!).

ORIF

I want to echo these sentiments. What a great group of people! Within minutes of pulling in, 2 people, John and Chance, came up and offered to help me unload my bike. And it just got better from there. Truly one of the funnest days I have spent on a motorcycle. I enjoyed meeting you Steve as well as John and the rest. I think that the camaraderie is fantastic and one of the main reasons that I will definitely be back. Thanks again everyone for the instruction, support and fun!

Mark

Hypermotard

smack28752

Mark, great talking to you at lunch. Hopefully we can get together and ride some on the sacred roads of western NC! By the way, I saw you on the Hyper-Mo and you rolling out there!

corymac

Had a great time at CMP. I need to get in better shape next time for a track event. My legs are killing me today! Thanks to the CR'S out there, I need to work my upper body position. Went from a 2:13 on Saturday to a 2:02.71 on Sunday. I was on the white with yellow tank 06 R6(#72) Thanks again.

Lars

Hi Guys

Thank you guys for a great day, I had fun after all.
I am sorry for holding you guys up and know the experience about pace variety very well.
For guys who don’t know me, I went down last year not even at pace just a simple mistake. I am still in recovery mode after a shoulder surgery, but do way better now.
Going down tog all my confidence away and getting back in pace is not easy.
As it was my first time at CMP and there was no cones out all reference points had to be found. I never got good ref. point in some turns and felt lost in T5-7 and T12. I tried to follow a CR but it did not help with the ref. points. More time at CMP, a track walk and I will get it down.
Just be patient with me and I will be back in pace one day playing with you guys.

Cu all later,
Lars

Bmulley

I had fun with all you guys in B also it was my first track day and got bumped on sunday but had a blast sorry if i late breaked anyone or passed anyone to close i was number 224

Dunham

ORIF;62376 wrote: I want to echo these sentiments. What a great group of people! Within minutes of pulling in, 2 people, John and Chance, came up and offered to help me unload my bike. And it just got better from there. Truly one of the funnest days I have spent on a motorcycle. I enjoyed meeting you Steve as well as John and the rest. I think that the camaraderie is fantastic and one of the main reasons that I will definitely be back. Thanks again everyone for the instruction, support and fun!

Mark

Hypermotard
Mark, it was good to meet you too. I knew you were having a great day because of that big smile after every session. I look forward to seeing you at the track again.

Bmulley

smack28752;62408 wrote: Mark, great talking to you at lunch. Hopefully we can get together and ride some on the sacred roads of western NC! By the way, I saw you on the Hyper-Mo and you rolling out there!
both of you need to get with me and go ride i am in asheville and mark your hypermotard was nice i liked riding with you in B

JAB3

corymac;62617 wrote: Had a great time at CMP. I need to get in better shape next time for a track event. My legs are killing me today! Thanks to the CR'S out there, I need to work my upper body position. Went from a 2:13 on Saturday to a 2:02.71 on Sunday. I was on the white with yellow tank 06 R6(#72) Thanks again.
It was great working with you. You showed alot of improvement through the weekend! I hope you had fun!

dsemian

smack28752;62373 wrote: Dave, we had a great time out there and it was good to meet you. It looked like you were having a fun time out there indeed. Thanks for lining up the garages for us. Hope to get to ride with you again soon (maybe we won't have to keep standing in the sun on the grid!!).
Thanks! Great meeting you as well. Its folks like yourself that make the experience so much better for everyone. My wife was terrified of me doing these track days, so I brought her with me this round just so she could "know" what she didn't like. The effect was definately the opposite, and she is now looking forward to returning...only this time with a better/faster camera.

I just wish there were more events local to me....I would never ride on the street again. Next CMP date I will be back looking for you........being september, we'll either freeze or roast, but we'll have another great time. Same garages of course. ;-)

Folly1

Lars,

Glad you are back and going to stay with it. You were not in anyone's way. If someone can't get around a slower rider, then THAT guy has work to do and things to learn and the slower rider is a gift to him/her.

It took me a year to get back to pace ( you will probably be faster ), and then I went down again. Working back up, one more time.

Take care.

Ben.

Folly1;62746 wrote: Lars,

Glad you are back and going to stay with it. You were not in anyone's way
. If someone can't get around a slower rider, then THAT guy has work to do and things to learn and the slower rider is a gift to him/her.

Ben.
:agree:

Lars,

It was great to see you again.

It is always the overtaking rider's responsibility to pass in a safe and courteous manner. Forget about the riders behind you and have fun. Nobody cares what anyones pace is, only that your having a good time.

Todd

ORIF

What would be really fun would be to get a group and ride up to the Indy MotoGP and see how Valentino, Jorge and Nicky ride!:D

I wanted to go last year and even had a room but chickened out with the weather.

GIXXER09

Ok so i know i wa sthe slowest rider in b group this weekend but i havnt got to ride hard in 2 years since my last wreck so i really look forward to doing more track days and getn my confidence back and get my big boy pants back on lol. I guess my mangina was still bleeding lol. Looking to get back at either v.i.r. Or atlanta. Hope to see u guys again there. And dooley it was great pit n with u and getn to know u man.

Lars

Hi Ben and Todd

It was great to see you guys and hope to hangout with you again soon.
I know I should not care about rider coming from behind, but I did not go flat out on the straight to give faster rider a better change to pass.

CU all at the track.

Take care,
Lars

noobinacan

Who was the B group CR with a beard ? riding the ducati on Sunday...
lol...I was having a good time following him on Sunday...thanks for the TOW :p

by the way, what's a decent 'I' group lap time ?

CMP was great folks. I learned a lot...I still chicken'd out at some corners instead of going flat out...but maybe I'll fix that at the next CMP round. ha
and tweak my line and do a better job at breaking a lil later.

btw, I was the B group #11 dude with a beard, RED CBR600 and gold tint :haha:

thanks to all the CR's for tips/pointers etc. :adore:

moto_mx131

I had a blast at CMP it was my first track day and I got bumped to I which was alot easier and less crowded. Sorry if I passed someone a lil aggressive in B didn't mean to if I did.

Don't really know if this answers your question noobinacan but when I got into intermediate my times were 1.50.00 I didn't get passed that much so I guess I was close to the pace anyway lol

noobinacan

moto_mx131;62948 wrote: I had a blast at CMP it was my first track day and I got bumped to I which was alot easier and less crowded. Sorry if I passed someone a lil aggressive in B didn't mean to if I did.

Don't really know if this answers your question noobinacan but when I got into intermediate my times were 1.50.00 I didn't get passed that much so I guess I was close to the pace anyway lol
nice:D
I think I am going to get a laptime for my next track day, it obviously helps.
vs watching your video and trying to guess it. LOL

noobinacan;62937 wrote: Who was the B group CR with a beard ? riding the ducati on Sunday...
lol...I was having a good time following him on Sunday...thanks for the TOW :p

by the way, what's a decent 'I' group lap time ?

CMP was great folks. I learned a lot...I still chicken'd out at some corners instead of going flat out...but maybe I'll fix that at the next CMP round. ha
and tweak my line and do a better job at breaking a lil later.

btw, I was the B group #11 dude with a beard, RED CBR600 and gold tint :haha:

thanks to all the CR's for tips/pointers etc. :adore:
That would be Matt Heidel he is a super nice guy and really fast. He has very good lines to follow around that track!!