Thanks NESBA - Summit Point 5/8 5/9

LuckyinVA

Had a great time out there this weekend for sure. Nice to meet some new folks and see some familiar faces as well. Just wanted to say thanks to Barry for putting the time in this weekend being sick and all. And thanks to Kaley and the rest of the CR's. It was my first time running the R6 out there... a huge change from the liter bike. Mistakes were noticed in bike lengths but with a large list of changes from running the other bike I have to say I was pleased to have made progress. Sat was windy and with some early crashing I was a little uneasy and it showed. Later in the day I felt I got smoother a more relaxed (the girl giving massages is also a GOD send.) Her rates were good and she did a good job. I know there was a lot to be desired in speed and positioning however I felt I learned that pouring it on in the straights does nothing for helping you get better in the corners. I'll also say that I appreciated being told not to target on the guys running bad lines and run the lines that I was shown. Anyhow thanks to all the "B" group instructors who took the time to pass on their. knowledge. It's good to be back. That's 2 yep 2 crash free track days for the me :woot: Thanks again. Good times.

Be easy everyone and see you next time I can get the kitchen pass! Oh yeah - Happy Mother's Day Mom!

-Lucky

Jiggy

Control Rider
Lucky- I am glad you had a great weekend, as did I. Like we discussed earlier, the R6 is quite a change from your old liter bike, but, referencing the 6th session today, you look like you are liking it more and more. Keep riding smart and continue to tack up that seat time.....the R6 will grow on you. See you out there.

dave433

I would also like to give the CR's a BIG thanks. Rob with helping me with my head position, ( helping me move off the bike and looking through the turn). Dale and Ron with helping me figuring out T3 and T5-8. It has been 2 years since I have been on the track but you guys made it a lot easier to get back up to speed. You guys are truly awesome. THANKS !!!!

FRS8682

I'd like to chime in and also thank Nesba and all the CR's for putting on an awesome time at the track. I was only there on Sunday, and it was a blast as always. That was also my first trackday on my R6, and all I can say is that bike is just amazing. I had fresh tires in the morning, and they were a bit slippery, but after the second session of the morning they felt really good. Makes it alot less stressful when you don't have to be thinking about how the bike is going to do. Also a big thank you to all the CR's for helping me on my body positioning. I'm the big guy on the Black R6 that rides fairly upright. I'm still trying to find that "ah ha!" moment while trying to hang off, but I'll keep trying. See everyone next month at JC!

Frank
#50 B Group
09 R6

jay956

had a crash on the street last wednesday and it took me a long time mentally to get up to speed (well B group speed anyway lol). also had to go back to stock jetting in my carbs so my bike was way down on power. but i still had an awesome time. my last 2 track days were with other orgs, and i sure was glad to be back with nesba.

nrcooled

Even in A the CRs are still an asset. Kaley hooked me up with a front axle bolt when mine decided to take a solo trip on Main and other CRs assisted me in putting my bike back together after I learned the limit of cycles a 209 can take :p

NESBA put on a great show again!

NoBull

Good times on Sunday. Found my groove again in the afternoon.

Bakari, I'm glad you made a mistake and I was able to put that bitch pass on you :D

nrcooled

The pass was legit, well executed, AND WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!!! I'll get you next time Gadget!

Thanks for helping me out with the clip-on too, Finn!

mfriedl

pass

Dear Sir: The "Bitch Pass" you refer to is a patented maneuver and subject to legal enforcement action for improper usage. My attorneys will be contacting your shortly about settlement damages. In the interim, figure out your own damn way to get past another rider.

Sincerely, M.Friedl, Bitch Pass Master:first:

Matt H

mfriedl;126336 wrote: Dear Sir: The "Bitch Pass" you refer to is a patented maneuver and subject to legal enforcement action for improper usage. My attorneys will be contacting your shortly about settlement damages. In the interim, figure out your own damn way to get past another rider.

:congrats:

LMAO

FaceRace98

nrcooled;126309 wrote: The pass was legit, well executed, AND WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!!! I'll get you next time Gadget!

Thanks for helping me out with the clip-on too, Finn!
Bakari, whats up man... It was good meeting you on Sunday.

Had an awsome day, pavement was overall good just a few bumps in different places. Typical Summit, after altering my lines a bit I found my groove in the afternoon. Was an overall great day, hardly any crashes and tons of open track.

Thanks to Jiggy for helping me with the pressures on the Power Ones, what an unbelievable tire.

Good riding with Drew and Jeff, the last session was the most fun i've had on a track in a long time.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
mfriedl;126336 wrote: Dear Sir: The "Bitch Pass" you refer to is a patented maneuver and subject to legal enforcement action for improper usage. My attorneys will be contacting your shortly about settlement damages. In the interim, figure out your own damn way to get past another rider.

Is that what you call the pass you executed on me in T3 Mr. Friedl? :D

I have it on video..can read your last name on your suit quite clearly.

All kidding aside...I want to thank Mike Moore for running an outstanding event this past weekend. I want to thank Dale Blackmon for helping me find my groove Sunday after lunch and drop 2 seconds from my best Saturday and be able to run that pretty consistently the rest of the day.

I want to congratulate ALL groups Sunday. I don't recall a red flag all day. I absolutely love it when the crash trucks, cornerworkers & ambulances are bored.

nrcooled

FaceRace98;126372 wrote: Bakari, whats up man... It was good meeting you on Sunday.

Good riding with Drew and Jeff, the last session was the most fun i've had on a track in a long time.
Nice meeting you too man!

I got to see Matt, Drew and Jeff fly by me through T3 and T4 and wonder if one day I'll be able to keep up with them. Looks like it's time for a liter bike :p

Casper

Awesome weekend at Main! This was the best run track weekend I've been to in a long, long time.

Did any of the A guys get video they wouldn't mind sharing?

Justin_H

A big thanks to the very patient and knowledgeable CRs who helped me work on my body positioning. Initially it made me slower and less consistent- too much to think about- but by the end of the day I'm sure my turn speeds were much quicker- I was 5 MPH faster at start/finish.

My apologies to the I group riders stuck behind me in the second session when I slowed down to work on body position. It's hard to pass a Hayabusa on the straights. Going down to B group to work on body position made it much easier- no pressure to keep up with the pace.

I still need more work on body position- with my feet pretty far back on the pegs, my boots were still the first thing hitting the pavement in the carousel. Also need to set the sag on the bike, and start adjusting the compression & rebound settings to see if I can get the wallowy 70's Cadillac feel to go away. Oh, and need to replace the battery because jump starting from the RV for every session sucks.

I had a lot of fun & learned a lot. Now I just need to figure out when I can go play with the bike again.

Justin

ScottLevy

Control Rider
Casper;126391 wrote: Awesome weekend at Main! This was the best run track weekend I've been to in a long, long time.

Did any of the A guys get video they wouldn't mind sharing?
I got video from the last 3 sessions on saturday and all of sunday. As I'm still at work, I will be putting them up hopefully in the next few days. Will add to the video thread already started.

Other than deciding to ride around the outside of the gravel trap in T3 after hitting a false neutral, (oh there's video don't worry), I had a total blast. Jiggy, thanks again for all your trail-braking pointers, I will be proceeding with caution!

One last thing, if there's anyone in A who isn't too many seconds faster than I am that would like to be videoed, just let me know and I'll tail you for some laps. There's nothing like learning from watching exactly what you do while on the bike. Oh and if someone would do that for me, that'd be cool.

drew231506

If my damn batteries didnt die i would have video. Oh well, next time. I wouldn't mind filming someone either for a few laps.

Who had the pretty yellow leathers, RRW, looked like they were signed by someone, Chris Ulrich maybe...on a 1k?

physicistkev

Control Rider
I have some High Def video (720P) that I got on the 6th and 7th session. 6th session file is 1.14Gb, so I am struggling to get it in a viewable place. I started to break it into smaller clips for youtube but cant seem to get a decent quality up, nothing better than 400x320. Not really sure where to go with this?

I know I got video of most everyone in A as most everyone passed me at least once :) in those last 2 sessions. If I can't post it I will see what other ways I can get it out there. I am open to suggestions?

BTW, I was the guy on the solid blue old GSXR holding most people up. The bike doesn't look like the one in my avatar as I painted it after a spill at NJMP, but it is the same bike.

Kevin