Thanks NESBA!!!

Teamck16

I would like to thank nesba for giving me the option to "ride or not" in the rain. I didn't however, have the option to get my money back. I am a beginner and I did not feel safe riding in the rain. I have no problem with RACERS wanting to ride in the rain for pratice. I do not race and became a part of nesba to "take the SAFE alternative to riding on the street." I don't ride on the street in conditions like this. Was it safe for me, a beginner, to try to ride in conditions like this? I thought nesba was about safety, I guess they are more about money. Well either way, nesba has my money, and for a college kid $200 bucks might as well be $2000. Once again, thanks nesba!

P.S. I guess YAMAHA decided it "wasn't wise" to allow people to ride THIER bikes in these conditions, I wonder why?:notsure:

geckert

I rode in the "wet" on my first TD. I decided to go out in the wet and ride slow partly because I knew I had paid 200$ to ride and that is what I was going to do!! I am glad I did because those wet laps were the funnest of the day for me. I am sure NESBA would not have allowed anyone on the track if it was unsafe to ride.

Teamck16

geckert;57279 wrote: I rode in the "wet" on my first TD. I decided to go out in the wet and ride slow partly because I knew I had paid 200$ to ride and that is what I was going to do!! I am glad I did because those wet laps were the funnest of the day for me. I am sure NESBA would not have allowed anyone on the track if it was unsafe to ride.
First, do you have a full time job? I'm in college with a partime job- a fall, ($) would put me out for quite some time. 2nd, funnest OF THE DAY? Really? "I am sure NESBA would not have allowed anyone on the track if it was unsafe to ride" Why didn't the YAMAHA test ride go out if it was safe to ride?

geckert

Since you wish to delve into my private life I do go to college, albeit I dont pay for it now I am in major debt with student loans, I do work a fulltime job on the nightshift which is how I pay for this stuff.

I know this sport is not cheap, I spent nearly 1.5k getting ready for my first TD and I understand how it sucks to pay for something and not fully experience it. It was your decision on safety not to go out which was fine. It might not have been the best idea for me to go out in the wet on my first TD but like I said it was the funnest session of the day. I just remember the wet laps sticking out in my mind as being very exciting and fun.

As far as Yahama not allowing ppl I have no idea why they didnt let them ride. My guess is the combination of the wet track and riders who are not familiar with the brand new bike( it is a test ride), and the chance of them wrecking was just too high. They made a decision similar to yours. But does that mean it was unsafe?? I dont believe so, I would not let an experienced rider take my bike (one he has never riden) out onto a wet track especially if it is a brand new 09 R6.

Teamck16

geckert;57293 wrote: Since you wish to delve into my private life I do go to college, albeit I dont pay for it now I am in major debt with student loans, I do work a fulltime job on the nightshift which is how I pay for this stuff.

I know this sport is not cheap, I spent nearly 1.5k getting ready for my first TD and I understand how it sucks to pay for something and not fully experience it. It was your decision on safety not to go out which was fine. It might not have been the best idea for me to go out in the wet on my first TD but like I said it was the funnest session of the day. I just remember the wet laps sticking out in my mind as being very exciting and fun.

As far as Yahama not allowing ppl I have no idea why they didnt let them ride. My guess is the combination of the wet track and riders who are not familiar with the brand new bike( it is a test ride), and the chance of them wrecking was just too high. They made a decision similar to yours. But does that mean it was unsafe?? I dont believe so, I would not let an experienced rider take my bike (one he has never riden) out onto a wet track especially if it is a brand new 09 R6.

"I have no idea why they didnt let them ride. My guess is the combination of the wet track... and the chance of them wrecking was just too high" so wrecking is an issue? We can argue all day, point is, I'm out $200 hard earned bucks and have nothing to show for it. NESBA could at least allow a transfer of my money to a future event. I have yet to touch a tire to the track.

Folly1

16, your parents are not renting the track, NESBA is and the members are paying for it.

If you think your case is compelling, talk to the management at RA and ask them to give you your money back. You are asking the NESBA members to cover your costs because you are a poor college student. Thanks but I'll donate elsewhere.

NESBA is not for everyone. A number of people are just too special. When NESBA does not acknowledge their specialness, they vote with their feet.

One other observation: For anyone interested in human personality developement, this thread is a great example of both ends of the maturation process.

Ben.
Applying for the Job at the NESBA Complaint Window.

Ruhe52

:argh:16 did you ever bother to read the manual. It is clear how this stuff works and if you did not bother to check it out then that is your problem. Man get a grip Colin you bitch more than a mother-in-law.
Really no joke your a nice kid but you might want to consider another organization. NESBA is a an awesome organization but for someone that views the world from you perspective perhaps it will be a better fit for you when $ is not so tight and you realize the choices you make are yours. If you choose not to ride in the rain that is your call. As for the demo rides not going out who knows why but consider this if someone drops the bike how much does that part cost Yamaha. Not much. My guess is it was a liability issue if they let you out in the rain and wrecked and got hurt odds are you would sue Yamaha.
Here is the thing you fail to see. Wet or dry every time you go out on the track you are taking a risk and riding in the rain will up your skills a ton. The only time I would consider not would be day one of a multi day track day. Just don't like 150lbs leathers when they are wet.
NESBA doesn't turn wheels on a track just to keep your money. If they had concern about the safety of riders letting people go out just to get hurt would be driving away their customer base.
Oh and bitching here is not going to get you far at all.
Sorry but this is a message board not a bitch box (complaint box):argh:

Ben I am just getting started

eagletangogreen

I am sorry to hear that you did not ride, but the rules state it clearly. If its wet bikes will most likely roll. One of the best things about being in A group is it rarely fill up, and you can wait till the last min to reg. If it makes you feel better, at least you did not give yourself a chance to crash.

Teamck16

Guess I get what I deserve. I rode, got bumped to I group, and then promptly crashed out. Let the bashing commence...

Folly1

No bashing.

Congrats on the bump. Sorry about the crash.

In my un-scientific survey, many crash after the bump to "I".

I did.

Hope you are ok. I asked Derek about how to repair the ego damage. He said, "tequila works for me."

Ben.

TwiggyD

I rode this satuday for the first time with NESBA. I rode at Road Atl and this weekend will end up costing me a ton, way more than the 1.5k noted earlier in this thread. I collected another rider and enjoyed a few hours at the hospital. My bike is probably now a parts bike.

With that said, I knew the risks well before I signed up for this. I could not have had a better time and the day (the parts I can still remember) went very fast and very smooth. Of course, I wish I had a bike that was ready for my next weekend and I don't think you have much room to complain about being out a few hundred dollars because you didn't want to get wet.

They say it in the riders meeting every day, wrecks happen. If you don't expect and plan for them, you probably shouldn't be on track. It's not racing, it's supposed to be a learning experience thats fun for all. I want to learn to be better in the rain... but that dosen't make me any less afraid of it. That's just my opinion.

Folly1

Twiggy,

Sorry about your crash. Hopefully no long lasting issues.

I have an aviation background where crashes are studied for the lessons they offer.

Anyway, hope that all heals well.

Ben.

Ben.

silvertop27

Teamck16;57278 wrote: I would like to thank nesba for giving me the option to "ride or not" in the rain. I didn't however, have the option to get my money back. I am a beginner and I did not feel safe riding in the rain. I have no problem with RACERS wanting to ride in the rain for pratice. I do not race and became a part of nesba to "take the SAFE alternative to riding on the street." I don't ride on the street in conditions like this. Was it safe for me, a beginner, to try to ride in conditions like this? I thought nesba was about safety, I guess they are more about money. Well either way, nesba has my money, and for a college kid $200 bucks might as well be $2000. Once again, thanks nesba!

P.S. I guess YAMAHA decided it "wasn't wise" to allow people to ride THIER bikes in these conditions, I wonder why?:notsure:
I totally agree i went to the SED on 5/15, and from 2pm to 4:15pm nesba closed the track for lightning. The lightning lasted for about 15 to 20 minutes and it rained for the rest of the track day. SO why was the track closed for 2 hours and 15 minutes? I did not have the option of riding in the rain and after no communication and 95% of the riders were packed up (including control riders) they re-opened the track. When i left there was 1 rider on the track along. This day cost me $375 my skills were not enhanced at all so far i have had nothing but disappointment with NESBA. Don't even get me started on the lunch time class, the cr with the LICENCE PLATE on his bike, etc, etc. NESBA brags they are better because of their member perks, where are these perks?

Teamck16

cyclerant;57313 said:
:argh:16 did you ever bother to read the manual. It is clear how this stuff works and if you did not bother to check it out then that is your problem. Man get a grip Colin you bitch more than a mother-in-law.
Really no joke your a nice kid but you might want to consider another organization. NESBA is a an awesome organization but for someone that views the world from you perspective perhaps it will be a better fit for you when $ is not so tight and you realize the choices you make are yours. If you choose not to ride in the rain that is your call. As for the demo rides not going out who knows why but consider this if someone drops the bike how much does that part cost Yamaha. Not much. My guess is it was a liability issue if they let you out in the rain and wrecked and got hurt odds are you would sue Yamaha.
Here is the thing you fail to see. Wet or dry every time you go out on the track you are taking a risk and riding in the rain will up your skills a ton. The only time I would consider not would be day one of a multi day track day. Just don't like 150lbs leathers when they are wet.
NESBA doesn't turn wheels on a track just to keep your money. If they had concern about the safety of riders letting people go out just to get hurt would be driving away their customer base.
Oh and bitching here is not going to get you far at all.
Sorry but this is a message board not a bitch box (complaint box):argh:

Views the world from my stand point? Because I would like, IF I DON"T RIDE, to pack up and have my money transferred to a future event, how does that cause nesba money? I WOULDN"T HAVE GOTTEN ON THE TRACK, AND THEY WOULD STILL HAVE MY MONEY. And as far as suing yamaha, WE SIGNED A WAVER, hould could I sue them? That means that the waver means nothing and I could sue NESBA too. I think that your forgetting that not everyone has the bank rolls to show up in a 40 ft RV hauled by a 2009 F350. O, and I forgot the satellite, sorry.:adore:

P.S. Thanks for the Traxxion Dynamics tip. Got my front and rear done there and they said I was "good to go", no tuning nessissary. $760 and I'm still bottoming out.

sternsi

Control Rider
16-- The demo program has a set schedule of 8-9 am, and is not held in the rain, or if the track is damp. We are not going to put anyone on a new bike that are mainly street riders just trying to get a feel for the bike in that situation. Most of the demo riders are not track riders,and have no desire to be. The program is designed to allow regular old joe to ride a Yamaha motorocyle. If you dont know, most dealerships will NOT ALLOW ANYONE to test ride there bikes on the street anymore because of insurance. Yamaha stepped up HUGE and set up a program for anyone that is interested in buying a Yamaha bike a SAFE place to test ride the bikes.

I gave Jeff and Brian the option to start the day at 8am, they opted not to start that early to let the track try and dry out some more before the first session. The morning only saw ONE regular rotation as normal with quiet time at Road A. If you would of stuck around for the quiet time and afternoon, you would of gotten 6 sessions in for the day. WE rode the rest of the day on a dry track until the very last I, and B sessions.

Silvertop27-- If you did not get any type of enhancement out of the I only day, then maybe you should of sout out some CR's to help you out. There was always a CR at pit out to grab and go out to work with, The track walk will show, tell you alot about a track and the way it rides. I cannot see how anyone can go to these types of days and not take a single thing from them. So when does a license plate mean anything on a bike? I guess only a race bike can show you how to have body position? What does the plate have to do with anything that was shown during the body seminar????

McLuvin

You have to be FUCKING kidding me!! YOu are pissed off because NESBA ran a day in the wet, not even the rain. I chose to hold off in the AM and see what the weather did after the quiet time break.you see I made that call, to hang around and see if the weahter got any better. If it was still wet, I prob would of packed up and headed home. I would of chauked it up as a loss, and still felt better then maybe taking home a crashed bike because I AM NOT COMFORTABLE riding the rain yet. I know you can learn alot doing it, but it is not for me yet. Maybe you should be mad at yourself because YOU DECIDED to leave early and not get any track time. It was YOUR decision to leave early and not stick around. I cannot believe how everyone comes on the forum and fucking complains about every litttle fucking thing that does not go there way, The day was run from the end of quiet time to the last I session on a dry track. Maybe you can grow some fucking balls and say I fucked up, I left early and did not stay to see what the weather was doing. If you had a laptop to type this rambling shit on, maybe you could of taken a second and looked at the weather and seen that there was NO storms or rain in the Road A area. I guess it is easier to come on here and fucking complain about something that you fucked yourself on.

I was signed up to test ride a new Yamaha today, I went over and asked, and was given a good enough explanation, I had figured the event was cancelled. I myself would not put someone out on a wet / damp track.

On a more positive note, I had one of the best days of the year and really learned a few things that will help me at my next event. I would like to thank everyone today that CR'd or helped out to make the event a success. Oh, the poor guy on the front straight that lost his chain did a great job of getting off the line!!!:congrats:

Teamck16

McLuvin;57359 wrote: You have to be FUCKING kidding me!! YOu are pissed off because NESBA ran a day in the wet, not even the rain. I chose to hold off in the AM and see what the weather did after the quiet time break.you see I made that call, to hang around and see if the weahter got any better. If it was still wet, I prob would of packed up and headed home. I would of chauked it up as a loss, and still felt better then maybe taking home a crashed bike because I AM NOT COMFORTABLE riding the rain yet. I know you can learn alot doing it, but it is not for me yet. Maybe you should be mad at yourself because YOU DECIDED to leave early and not get any track time. It was YOUR decision to leave early and not stick around. I cannot believe how everyone comes on the forum and fucking complains about every litttle fucking thing that does not go there way, The day was run from the end of quiet time to the last I session on a dry track. Maybe you can grow some fucking balls and say I fucked up, I left early and did not stay to see what the weather was doing. If you had a laptop to type this rambling shit on, maybe you could of taken a second and looked at the weather and seen that there was NO storms or rain in the Road A area. I guess it is easier to come on here and fucking complain about something that you fucked yourself on.

I was signed up to test ride a new Yamaha today, I went over and asked, and was given a good enough explanation, I had figured the event was cancelled. I myself would not put someone out on a wet / damp track.

On a more positive note, I had one of the best days of the year and really learned a few things that will help me at my next event. I would like to thank everyone today that CR'd or helped out to make the event a success. Oh, the poor guy on the front straight that lost his chain did a great job of getting off the line!!!:congrats:
U havent read the previous posts have you. I did stay, had a good time till i crashed, and welcomed the bashing. Read next time.:)