Thanks to all of the (B) group control riders 8/25 @ njmp

vanbreezy

Hey Just wanted to take the time to thank the CR's yesterday @ njmp. The track is technical as hell in the back section. I got great advice on diffrent lines and approaches to that tough section from every single one of you guys. I thought the sessions were well run. Great job (most of them were learning the track at the same time they were teaching the lines) So (Dave,Dale,Lenny.Mike,Allen,Herr,Matt) if I missed anyone i apologize,but thank you all. I'm fine Gonna take a day or two then get the bike back together. so you guys soon.:doh:

Dave561

Control Rider
You were riding pretty good. Just a little too wide on that last turn. Look forward to seeing you out there again

Dave561

Control Rider
Well if you want to get technical, I'd advise against trying to do some grading with the Suzuki. I know there still under construction, but leave it to the pros next time ;)

vanbreezy

Just doing my part in make NJMP a beautiful facility. Like i said yesterday the sad part is my brother (Barron) was telling my line was wrong the whole day. Hey it's all a part of the learning process.

psychocycle

Had a blast at NJMP yesterday. Thanks to all the Nesba CR's, Buck, Todd, Lenny, Speedy and his crew. Every time I attend a Nesba event I have a great time. I wont be back til 10/6 and I am looking forward to it. Here are a couple of pictures, one of the Nesba mascot and one of me hanging it out there.
Thanks, Chris

Dog1.jpg

Njmp2.jpg

dale.b

Crash (the mascot) is faithful when it comes to legs. He doesn't like "strange" on the hang low.

Stay away from my man!!

sooperman12

I gotta give huge props to Dave (B group CR) since he wasn't mentioned above.

I was chasing a few CRs down to get some advice and tows. Even on the track, I'd just get waved by. But Dave, who was working with a few people, managed to track me down in the sixth session of the day.

Pitted in, told me what I needed to do: 1. More throttle, earlier, 2. Knee down isn't just for photo-ops, but can be a good gauge, 3. Make that pass!

So, I went out in the seventh, committed to slowing down my pace to work on #2 and a little bit of #1, and inadvertently dropped a bunch of time and still felt I was only putting in 80% and not really pushing. And I nearly broke into the 45s WITH B-group traffic locking up T7-12!!!

I don't even know if that's good, but I had a ton of fun and I really thank Dave for making that possible even if it was the last session of the day!

Twiztedjester55

Thanks guys, Mike did a great job running B group day seemed to run real smooth. Big thanks to Lenny for all the foot and body advise thanks to him i dragged knee for the first time:D, also thanks dale for the tips and can't wait to get out there again with you guys at summit.

EngineNoO9

sooperman12;11273 wrote:
So, I went out in the seventh, committed to slowing down my pace to work on #2 and a little bit of #1, and inadvertently dropped a bunch of time and still felt I was only putting in 80% and not really pushing. And I nearly broke into the 45s WITH B-group traffic locking up T7-12!!!

For me times don't really matter much unless you're consistent but I was running low 40's in B group with the traffic. Really never got held up much. Didn't get to hit the final turn as fast as I wanted to though.

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
I just have to say that all the folks in "B" did a great job out on the track Monday! That had to be one of the BEST groups I've seen! I hope you ALL had Fun!
Austin, running great as always! You know what to work on for next time!
JJ, I'm happy we could help you with the foot and body position. Your feet at the foundation for good body position!
Psychocycle, I'm happy that you had a good time! I hope you learned a little and had ALOT of fun!
I'll C/U folks out there soon!:adore:

dlogo

Thanx to all the CRs.. I can apreceate the effort put in by all to make a great day like that for everybody!! Great facility, great track and of course a great group!! Loved the afternoon classroom, very helpful!! Kudos!!

Big group, this being only my third trackday and first with NESBA I wasn't sure how much actual coaching could be done.. I know one of my problems was that I was slowing too much before the turns because I was on the gas hard as soon as I turned in and settled. Also should work on shifting more.. Perhaps a day at Pocono to work on some things is in order?? Next time I'll make a point to ask for some help!!!

sooperman12

EngineNoO9;11324 wrote: For me times don't really matter much unless you're consistent but I was running low 40's in B group with the traffic. Really never got held up much. Didn't get to hit the final turn as fast as I wanted to though.
Are you still in B group? Let me get a tow from you next time we're up there. I know I'm running around 75% pace. Just like the CR said in the Rider's Meeting about the "believability" factor. Just need to see it done. Also nice to have a carrot to chase. Couldn't get staged up early enough to be anywhere but in the way back of the center line.

EngineNoO9

I got a bump in the morning to I group. Though finished the day in B since I group was full. I was on the yellow and black RC51. Probably heard me if you didn't see me.

Dave561

Control Rider
Good to see you got the bump. You were moving well out there.

Soop, next time your out, we'll play again

sooperman12

EngineNoO9;11505 wrote: I got a bump in the morning to I group. Though finished the day in B since I group was full. I was on the yellow and black RC51. Probably heard me if you didn't see me.
That was you!? I think I saw you... as you stabbed me, hahaha! :doh: Dude, major congrats on the bump. Seemed like you knew what you were talking about and wasn't like the dude that packed another rider because "he's really in I, stuck in B". I was looking to find you and the other dude that got bumped to see how y'all were running. Anyways, congrats again bro! :congrats:

Slow Honda, when and where bro... when... and... where? I'm still on cloud nine and I only applied one of the three things you asked me to work on. What's on your plate in September? I want to finish the year at Beaver in October. :cheers:

EngineNoO9

Was he really hit? I was right behind the incident and saw it happen but didn't see anyone other then Mike Miller's bike being slid into by the first downed bike. The buddy of the guy who got hurt seemed to think he was run into and might've had it on video :dunno:

Should've come over. It's hard to miss my bike :D

aegilbert33

I totally agree. This was my first time with NESBA, second time on Thunderbolt. I spent most of my time with Lenny and Mike (last session of the day). I learned more about the track and my riding on Monday than I have since April. Thanks guys - it was a great experience and I look forward to riding with NESBA again soon.

EngineNoO9

slow_honda;11506 wrote: Good to see you got the bump. You were moving well out there.
Thanks. I know some things that I really want to improve on. It'll be interesting to ride in I with a much more accelerated pace. Hopefully I'm not a rolling chicane for the others...