Thanks to all who made this such a Great Weekend!

stephenjpauls

All,

I had such a great weekend and just wanted to thank everyone who helped me out as well as made me feel welcome! I may still be one of the slowest ‘B’ riders out there (Even after 5 track days):doh:, but I sure had a great time doing it!

I had such a great time and got help from so many people! I just wanted to take a few min to thank everyone who helped me out so much.

Thanks to Murf for helping me concentrate on being smooth and relaxing on the bike. He followed me the first session of Saturday and the last session Sunday and I got great feedback from him. It really helped!

Thanks so much to Chad Trank, he worked with me for two laps and did an amazing job of showing me the line! Chad, your ability to ride like that and still look back and check my entry, apex and exit on each corner is unreal.

Thanks so much to Marshall S. for following me and bluntly letting me know that I was slacking and not following the line that Chad showed me:rtfm:. The session after that I worked on my apexes and had my best session of the weekend. I also have to thank Marshall for setting up my suspension, letting me use his tools to raise the rear of my bike, giving honest feedback about things that I need to work on with my bike and giving two great ‘B’ classroom sessions despite the late nights that he had:asleep: (I don’t know how you do it old man). And for being Marshall (the most friendly and approachable guy you will ever meet) and helping me with all my stupid questions.

Thanks so much to Turn One, as always, were a huge help! Despite them being crazy busy, they got me back on the track ASAP with new tires after I found someone’s caliper pin on the track on the first session of the day. After they set up my suspension, It was like riding a different bike (much better). And the tip of rising the rear of the bike helped my turn in even more. If you ever need anything for your bike (service or parts) I suggest looking them up, I can’t imagine anyone being better than these guys! Marshall, Tom, Joe and Benji you guys are the best.

Thanks to Steve (ThePro8), who helped me get my rear wheel off & back on. Also for loaning me tools to get my bike back on the track. Congratulations on your new PR lap time at BHF, too bad you weren’t able to ride the next day and beat it again.

Thanks to Matt Granzow for the pictures that I know are on their way (even if I’m afraid to see how bad I looked out there.)

A huge thanks to Lynda Granzow for taking time out of her day and stopping by and chatting with my parents and I. The time you took to stop by and chat with me and my family really helped my mother relax about me being on the track. You really made an impression on her. Thanks!

Eric (The Flying Burrito) has got to be one of the best guys to pit next to, not only did I have one of the fastest guys out there next to me, but I had someone who helped me out with my endless questions and let me use some tools when I was working on setting up my bike.

Thanks to Heath for following me around and giving me a few pointers. I’ll work on adding more speed as suggested. I just need to get the confidence to do it.

I’m sure I forgot a bunch of you, so a big thank you to everyone else who made this the best weekend of the year for me! You all make NESBA the greatest track day org out there!:adore:

ThePro8

stephenjpauls;12747 wrote:
Thanks to Steve (ThePro8), who helped me get my rear wheel off & back on. Also for loaning me tools to get my bike back on the track. Congratulations on your new PR lap time at BHF, too bad you weren’t able to ride the next day and beat it again.
No problem Steve. I'm happy to help out with whatever until you get faster than me. Then I'll do my best to slow you down. :D

stephenjpauls

ThePro8;12752 wrote: ...until you get faster than me....
Not much risk of that unless you start riding a 50cc pit bike on the track... Oh wait, you will still probably be quicker than me.

Heath

Your welcome ,on the track or off I'm here for all you guys and gals, ask anything any time .I get a big kick outta this watching everyone grow ,get faster, safer.Helping you all is my pleasure!

spyder84

Heath;12884 wrote: Your welcome ,on the track or off I'm here for all you guys and gals, ask anything any time .I get a big kick outta this watching everyone grow ,get faster, safer.Helping you all is my pleasure!
+1 Glad to help! Hope to see you at the track again, Steve.

Sklossmonster

No worries, Stephen. It was my pleasure. You're looking good out there, even if you did miss an apex or two (welcome to the club!) Glad we could help you out, and isn't it nice having an actual track bike? Sure does make things easier. Just don't tell that Triumph back in your garage at home you were out all weekend with a hot little number from Japan :D

greeny

it was nice to meet u, steve. glad u got the blown tire sorted quickly. sorry u got a tent full of headlights in the morning. i coulda sworn those things were off :doh: :D

stephenjpauls

Jorden,

No worries on the headlights, like I said I needed to get up soon anyway. Thanks for helping with the tire! I'm glad you got your bike sorted out as well, sorry you missed a good part of the 30th workin on it. I checked out your photos from Gron4 and thought the bike looked good without the front on it ;)

ctrank

stephenjpauls;12747 wrote: All,

Thanks so much to Chad Trank, he worked with me for two laps and did an amazing job of showing me the line! Chad, your ability to ride like that and still look back and check my entry, apex and exit on each corner is unreal.

Steve,

You are very welcome. I really enjoyed working with you and watching you improve throughout the weekend, and also since the last time we rode together at Road America. See you again on the track soon! Keep looking for those orange dots at BHFs. :cool:

murf

Steve - I'll really don't have anything to add here... The CRs all enjoy helping, teaching, and watching people learn. Glad to hear that what we talked about helped.

Thanks for the posative feedback man. Thanks for taking the time to post up! Glad you had such a great time, and hope to see you back for many more.