Thanks to the NESBA community!

RADAR Magnet

I had a great time at Summit this weekend; was there for both days; first track days of the season. The riding was a ton of fun and I made some nice improvements but the more significant aspect of the weekend was the display of community and family among the NESBA members. I've seen people reference it on the board but this weekend I experienced it firsthand multiple times.

First, I have to give a shout out to Mikey Meatball for helping me pitch my tent in the dark when I arrived late Friday; saved me a lot of hassle and made it a lot easier. It was great meeting you and I hope to catch up at future track days.

Second, I'd like to congratulate DC21811 on his bump to I group. Danny, I had a great time chatting about your winter bike projects while we watched the CRs do their thing Saturday evening. Your enthusiasm is clearly paying off and is contagious. It makes me want to work even harder!

To the control riders - Lenny, Kubricky, Troy and Ryan, thanks for your observations. Your criticisms and encouragement really helped me to know that I was doing a couple of things well and allowed me to focus on those areas needing improvement. I left Sunday afternoon a better rider than I arrived Friday night.

Lastly, I have to give a massive thanks to 03Bueller. In terms of NESBA members helping one another out, he earned a place of distinction last night.

Fifteen or twenty minutes into my one hour drive home a hose came apart on my truck and I lost most of my coolant just as I was heading up the mountain on Rt 7. Pulled over and ill-equipped to deal with the situation, I tried calling a couple of people but just got voicemail. Doh! I think I have AAA but don't have the number and can't find a card. F---! A minute later another truck towing a trailer pulls over and out steps Brian. After surveying the situation for a minute he grabs a bunch of water bottles and some coolant; in they go and there goes the leak. A few minutes later he was under the truck trying to locate the leak, then he was under the hood taking apart stuff in order to get to it. A joint where two hoses connect came apart. We can't get it fully reconnected so let's try some gorilla glue and duct tape! Ten minutes later and it's ready to be tested. We pull out and head up the mountain. Gorilla glue and tape are good but they were no match for this leak. We made it maybe half a mile. Now we're just below the peak. F---! Now what??? Brian to the rescue again - he has a AAA RV Plus membership. Trucks and trailers get towed anywhere within 100 miles. After a bit of back and forth explaining to some woman that we are in the middle of nowhere, that we're on a mountain, she eventually finds a nearby intersection on a google map. Just another 50 minutes and the tow truck will be there. It was a little more than 50 minutes but he found us and managed to get me, my truck and my trailer home five and a half hours after leaving Summit. It sucks that all that stuff happened and it took so long to get home but it could have been much worse if not for Brian's willingness to help.

So, while I'm pleased with my improvement in riding, I'm even more pleased to have signed up for an elite membership with a club that has members like these. Between the progress on the track and the friendships formed off it I am looking forward to this season more than ever!

Mikey75702

Wow sorry to hear about the bad fortunes on the way home..... that sucks.

As far as help..... I don't know about everyone else, but I have to pay it forward... there has been a good bit of help given to me, and its always nice to meet new people. Anyways, glad you had fun at the track and saw some improvements. Everyone involved with nesba really is awesome, from the directors down to the members.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Sorry you had problems, hope all's fixed now.

I've experienced similar from nesba members...I was on my way home from VIR last year, it was getting dark, I was tired, and my GPS was trying to send me a way I didn't want to go. I pulled over to look at ...a map!... A CR (Danboy) saw my truck/trailer, thought it might be a nesba person, and pulled in behind me to make sure I was ok. He was going the same way I was trying to go and had me follow him. Typical concern/care from a fellow member.

I'm with Mikey... I like to pay it forward whenever I can. It comes back to you!

Twiztedjester55

RADAR Magnet;188213 wrote: .

First, I have to give a shout out to Mikey Meatball for helping me pitch my tent
in the dark when I arrived late Friday; saved me a lot of hassle and made it a lot easier. It was great meeting you and I hope to catch up at future track days.
TMI:puke::rainbow: sorry couldn't resist. Glad you had a good time your first time out, most of us in the paddock are usually pretty quick to help someone out. I've some of my best friends in this group.

03bueller

Control Rider
Not a problem man, just one request; take all of the money you saved on a tow and put it to track days or stuff for your bike :)

RADAR Magnet

03bueller;188411 wrote: Not a problem man, just one request; take all of the money you saved on a tow and put it to track days or stuff for your bike :)
I like the way you think!

Twiztedjester55;188275 wrote:
TMI:puke::rainbow: sorry couldn't resist. Glad you had a good time your first time out, most of us in the paddock are usually pretty quick to help someone out. I've some of my best friends in this group.
Twiztedjester, I don't like the way you think! :eek:uttahere:

Mikey75702

Twiztedjester55;188275 wrote: TMI:puke::rainbow: sorry couldn't resist. Glad you had a good time your first time out, most of us in the paddock are usually pretty quick to help someone out. I've some of my best friends in this group.
RADAR Magnet;188459 wrote:

Twiztedjester, I don't like the way you think! :eek:uttahere:
Don't worry... JJ just had man love on the brain after spending the weekend in jiggy's trailer :D

dc21811

Glad you had a great time this weekend at Summit Point. Sorry about your bad luck on the way home. It was cool talking to you also, if you need help with anything feel free to ask.