The Art of Hanging Off Your Bike by Nick Ienatsch

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
There's a thread on the WERA board about this article too- some really good discussion and debate from some fast racers, discussing some of this article and other pertinent information too. http://forums.13x.com/index.php?thr...e-by-nick-ienatsch.333885/page-2#post-4899724
Thanks for sharing Lars! Yeah definitely a heated discussion. Man, people sure can be closed-minded about things like technique. Not sure who "Chaotic" is but they are spot on with their comments.

To any of our members out there reading posts like this on ANY forums out there, if you are unsure about what you are reading or why people are arguing about these things, please reach out to us and ask questions. We are here to help. It's easy to post "opinions" out there on the web with no real foundation of knowledge or understanding. The problem is the damage that it can do to us as riders when we try to follow that opinion.

LarsDunaway

Rat Boy
Staff member
Control Rider
Thanks for sharing Lars! Yeah definitely a heated discussion. Man, people sure can be closed-minded about things like technique. Not sure who "Chaotic" is but they are spot on with their comments.

To any of our members out there reading posts like this on ANY forums out there, if you are unsure about what you are reading or why people are arguing about these things, please reach out to us and ask questions. We are here to help. It's easy to post "opinions" out there on the web with no real foundation of knowledge or understanding. The problem is the damage that it can do to us as riders when we try to follow that opinion.

Heated? Man- I've been desensitized! I think the N2 forum is just an oasis of kindness and friendliness- that thread was tame for the WERA board :p

dsmitty37

His name is Chris Broome. He worked with Jason Disalvo's Speed Academy if I am correct and is a coach with STT. He is all about technique and working on it. Good racer.

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
His name is Chris Broome. He worked with Jason Disalvo's Speed Academy if I am correct and is a coach with STT. He is all about technique and working on it. Good racer.
Hey thanks! Glad to see there are others out there evangelising these things.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Broome sometimes takes a bit of a beating from those guys on the WERA Beeb....but generally it's all in good fun. He's got some anal retentive OCD stuff going on, and they rib him pretty good about it.
Makes for entertaining reading.

And yes, things have been pretty PG-13 Lovey Dovey on this forum for quite a while, and I'm sure we'd all like to keep it that way.

But don't think that there aren't a few of us with flame throwers in our pockets. We've had a couple folks try to foul up our beloved forum in the past.
We won't name them.....but they left a little crispy.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Broome sometimes takes a bit of a beating from those guys on the WERA Beeb....but generally it's all in good fun. He's got some anal retentive OCD stuff going on, and they rib him pretty good about it.
Makes for entertaining reading.

And yes, things have been pretty PG-13 Lovey Dovey on this forum for quite a while, and I'm sure we'd all like to keep it that way.

But don't think that there aren't a few of us with flame throwers in our pockets. We've had a couple folks try to foul up our beloved forum in the past.
We won't name them.....but they left a little crispy.

I've gat a fire extinguisher, being it D! :poop:

Matrix22

Did my first ever track day at NCBIKE 8/13/2016 Yamaha R3. I learned a lot from the CR and improved my BP, a little. I thought i was getting my head down lower but after reviewing these pics, not so much.

before
13912669_10210734910873885_8096225186993516524_n.jpg

after
13680721_10210734935594503_2791681074754440130_n.jpg

I'm no Jorge Lorenzo, I see what I have to work on. I thought I was better, I will get better. First timer. Thanks for reading.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
That's fantastic progress for your first time out! My head was overdrive my first track day and I'm pretty sure I screwed up everything I tried. LOL

rhill

Did my first ever track day at NCBIKE 8/13/2016 Yamaha R3. I learned a lot from the CR and improved my BP, a little. I thought i was getting my head down lower but after reviewing these pics, not so much.

before
13912669_10210734910873885_8096225186993516524_n.jpg

after
13680721_10210734935594503_2791681074754440130_n.jpg

I'm no Jorge Lorenzo, I see what I have to work on. I thought I was better, I will get better. First timer. Thanks for reading.

Measured progress is what this is all about....looks like a great improvement in BP for a first day!

See a bunch of camera mounts already on the bike; those are the best feedback loop/learning tool(besides 1 on 1 instruction). Want to try something different with body position? Throw the camera on the tail looking forward, try different things during the session and review the footage to see what is most effective. Happy with body position? move the camera so you can see your hands, suspension, lines.....then after awhile, throw the camera back on the tail for a session to verify you are maintaining your progress.

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
I think that happens to a lot of people, me included. The CR tells you to " " , you say I am or at least you think it. Then when you see the pictures you realize you weren't doing as well as you thought.