The NEW guy!

McCGsxr

Hello everyone,

I am Brady, currently living here on Camp Lejeune NC, formally from Tennessee. I discovered NESBA through a buddy of mine, and am currently signed up for VIR South for June 30/July 1st. I hope to learn a lot as this will be my first track day ever, after having about 3 years of street riding experience. I just gotta get this electrical problem on my baby fixed and i will be good to go :argh:

JBZ1k

Welcome! This is my first season of riding and it has been awesome so far. My nerves were shot on the morning of the first day but once you roll out onto the track it's all better. Just remember its all about having a good time. I am a very cautious person so my first two laps were in second gear.lol Just progress at your speed and enjoy the great people of Nesba.

Ruhe52

Brady welcome aboard or to the board or damn I am bored. Sorry it's early. What are you riding and what is the electrical issue? Just went through an "issue" as well and had an AMA Chief Mechanic and I standing around ready to kick the bike off the repair bench.

I am not by any means a certified mechanic in fact everyone would just say i am "certifiable" but the wrench in the mix has creds that cannot be questioned was shaking his head as well. Electrical is the biggest PITA with a bike because it can be anything. You probably know this already but start with the easiest (read cheapest) thing it could be and progress up. Test things like switches and safety kills like kick stand clutch switches.

Yeah we tested everything under the sun except run/kill switch and in fact both thought of it but at first sort of assumed no way or the other guy already ruled it out. Yep in the end 10 min fix :banghead:

See you out at South. If you need a hand or have questions about the day and what to expect hit me up here or find me trackside. Again welcome to the addiction.

Ruhe52

Just saw your thread in tech. Big K has you pointed in the right direction for sure. Check those items out and post up if still having issues.

McCGsxr

Ruhe52;245853 wrote: Brady welcome aboard or to the board or damn I am bored. Sorry it's early. What are you riding and what is the electrical issue? Just went through an "issue" as well and had an AMA Chief Mechanic and I standing around ready to kick the bike off the repair bench.

I am not by any means a certified mechanic in fact everyone would just say i am "certifiable" but the wrench in the mix has creds that cannot be questioned was shaking his head as well. Electrical is the biggest PITA with a bike because it can be anything. You probably know this already but start with the easiest (read cheapest) thing it could be and progress up. Test things like switches and safety kills like kick stand clutch switches.

Yeah we tested everything under the sun except run/kill switch and in fact both thought of it but at first sort of assumed no way or the other guy already ruled it out. Yep in the end 10 min fix :banghead:

See you out at South. If you need a hand or have questions about the day and what to expect hit me up here or find me trackside. Again welcome to the addiction.
Thanks a lot to everyone, but for Ruhe. Is it possible for me and my boy to just stick with you the entire day? We're planning on just finding 1 good control rider and making him :banghead: with questions and advice.

LadyCC

Brady, I'll be at VIR on July 1st for my first track day too. Are you doing Intro or going straight into B group? I'm doing Intro first. But I'm a bundle of excitment and nervousness all at the same time. Good luck out there and I'll be the one with the pink, black, and silver leathers on with Lady C.C. written on the back! Feel free to say hi.

McCGsxr

I am already registered into B group. I will def. stop by if/when I see you and say hello. I will be the squiddy looking fellow in the ugly 2 piece all black leather suit (borrowed).

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Who's your buddy? The amount of track riders on Lejeune is incredibly small...mainly just Western Blvd riders in this area. :D

I'm also headed up that weekend. You'll have a blast!

McCGsxr

Otto Man;246075 wrote: Who's your buddy? The amount of track riders on Lejeune is incredibly small...mainly just Western Blvd riders in this area. :D

Otto, myself and 4 others are all comin up there together. We all live in the bricks except for one buddy that just got out, but yeah Western Blvd is so lame. Apparently old maple hill is closed to bikes now too :banghead:

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
McCGsxr;246092 wrote: Otto, myself and 4 others are all comin up there together. We all live in the bricks except for one buddy that just got out, but yeah Western Blvd is so lame. Apparently old maple hill is closed to bikes now too :banghead:
Was his name Dave? I rode with a guy back in April who had a nice CBR600, wound up dumping it in front of me at VIR South, fractured his wrist and clavicle. I remember he was saying he was EAS'ing around May/June.

If you guys need help with anything, let me know. It's hard to miss my bike!

McCGsxr

Otto Man;246101 wrote: Was his name Dave? I rode with a guy back in April who had a nice CBR600, wound up dumping it in front of me at VIR South, fractured his wrist and clavicle. I remember he was saying he was EAS'ing around May/June.

If you guys need help with anything, let me know. It's hard to miss my bike!
Nope nobody's a Dave here :p, One of the guys I'm comin with is jorge1812 on these forums or something like that. All I know is his exhaust thread got blown UP lol. I'll def. look for you man, do you have a street bike as well and like to ride around this crap j'ville? We're always lookin for more people to ride with us.

jorge1812

Otto Man;246075 wrote: Who's your buddy? The amount of track riders on Lejeune is incredibly small...mainly just Western Blvd riders in this area. :D

I am the buddy who got him hooked on that track crack lol. I agree with you on the western Blvd riders. they look so cool wearing their shorts, flip flops, and wife beaters. i wish i could be as cool as them lol. hey Otto Man, do you ever ride Maple Hill rd. or the famous trenton loop?

JBZ1k;245840 wrote: Welcome! This is my first season of riding and it has been awesome so far. My nerves were shot on the morning of the first day but once you roll out onto the track it's all better. Just remember its all about having a good time. I am a very cautious person so my first two laps were in second gear.lol Just progress at your speed and enjoy the great people of Nesba.
Admirable restraint. My whole first session was basically in 3rd gear. Second session was in the boo-boo bus . . .