The politics of being bumped

PJZOCC624

I don't know. Maybe its me, but it seems like riders feel like the sticker on the front of their bike is a status symbol. Maybe that the squids at Whataburger will think that they're much cooler with an "I" or "A" sticker than a "B" sticker. Maybe Snookie will give up some nookie for only I level guys and above. Maybe I've had only 3 hrs sleep and I'm 2/3 of the way thru a bottle of Knob Creek and I'm a little punchy. Either way, I know I'm gonna hurl at some point - either from the Bourbon or this thread. But that'll be fun too.

To all the members who have been around long enough to realize what it is all about, THANKYOU for your thoughtful responses.

To the origional poster: don't sweat it dude, it's all part of the progression from newb to veteran. Soak it up like a dry bisquit in a bowl of gravy. We've ALL been there. If you make it to a S.E. event look me up and we'll have some fun.

Rob:

It’s basically a bust on people who come on the board and “flex nuts” so to speak on some issue, but don’t flex nuts when face to face with people because they most likely would have their asses thrown from the event for being a douche bag.

At least that’s how I take it.

BZ

jimgl3

T. Lewis;141460 wrote: To all the members who have been around long enough to realize what it is all about, THANKYOU for your thoughtful responses.

To the origional poster: don't sweat it dude, it's all part of the progression from newb to veteran. Soak it up like a dry bisquit in a bowl of gravy. We've ALL been there. If you make it to a S.E. event look me up and we'll have some fun.
BeWaRe of this guy! He's a TrAcK DeAlEr and he'll get you hooked and have you pimping your sister to pay for trackdays! :doh:

Fastguy

Bubba Zanetti;141500 wrote: Rob:

It’s basically a bust on people who come on the board and “flex nuts” so to speak on some issue, but don’t flex nuts when face to face with people because they most likely would have their asses thrown from the event for being a douche bag.

At least that’s how I take it.

BZ
;) Thanks

greeny

the OP thinks his buddy's got it bad!? i'm never gonna get bumped again! unless, of course, there's a director spot or somethin' opening up anytime soon... *clears throat* good morning my name is jordan and i'll be filling in for fred today muahaha :D:D:D

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
jimgl3;141546 wrote: BeWaRe of this guy! He's a TrAcK DeAlEr and he'll get you hooked and have you pimping your sister to pay for trackdays! :doh:
jim..you have a sister??

rk97

so to summarize...

I forget who said this first, but: it's always better to ASK for help at the track than complain about problems on the forum. I'm not 'accusing' the OP of complaining, but in my experience if you tell the director, "hey (director), I'm not getting a lot of CR attention out there - can I steal a few laps with someone?" the director will usually be putting on his leathers before you can finish your sentence. That said, there ARE some days in B (and I) that can be pretty frustrating. It sucks, but it's part of the game. Everyone else on the track paid just as much as you did for your track time, so you only get 1/30th of a say in how the day goes...

Per Will: Control Riders WANT to bump you. They'd much rather be working with people looking to improve than policing people for making illegal passes and poor decisions. It's on each rider individually to not add to the problems.

per eE Jeremy (couldn't have said this better myself): "B" traffic seems like no big deal when you're ready for "I" group. (and) Even in "I," 98% of passes are made with the bike straight up and down, usually on the brakes. On a related subject, it's rare that I realize someone is on a bigger bike than me anymore
. If I'm not getting around them, horsepower is almost never the reason why.

my opinion: CR's like to see you ride at more than one track before bumping you.

Per PJ: the color and letter on your sticker do not determine your worth as a member or rider, and certainly not as a person. If you want to turn riding ability into a contest, racing is always an option.

Fastguy

rk97;141599 wrote:
Per PJ: the color and letter on your sticker do not determine your worth as a member or rider, and certainly not as a person.
I believe that this is the primary reason so many riders place a great deal of importance on the bump in Nesba.

avizpls

#11-A
I dont. Im in B and im cool with that. I'll probably get in a few more B days after a CR suggests a bump. I mean, we can turn them down, right?

BigBird

avizpls;141612 wrote: I dont. Im in B and im cool with that. I'll probably get in a few more B days after a CR suggests a bump. I mean, we can turn them down, right?
yes, you can turn them down. But when the Godfather says do something, you do it. :eek:

sheepofblue

RK97 wait until you see a BMW at a place like Mid-O or Road Atlanta. The things are obscene. I was getting enough drive with the RC at Grattan to pull one 3-4 bikes and by the flag tower they had caught me. By the end I had 5-6 bike lengths to make up on the brakes :eek: I cannot even imagine the dude that has one and is doing the park and shoot thing :banghead:

In general though your point is well made. Unless we are a close match to begin with passing a new liter bike is not hard for me to do.

Ron P

I'm nowehre near ready for my bump, but I've noticed that the more time you spend getting acquainted with the control riders and directors, the more benefits you'll accrue later. I was struggling at Summit Main back in June when I talked to Matt H during lunch. He towed me around a few laps and made some comments on pit in. Another CR picked up where Matt left off the next session and things got even better. The same things followed at JC in July and I was even forgiven for a transgression.

The bottom line is if you're taking time each TD to seek out a CR, they become familar with you, know your tendencies and know where to help you. My next time out, I'll follow the same procedures and ask them to gauge on what more I need to do to move to "I". Al of that plants a seed in their minds and you'll get further along.

I also make it a point to thank each CR and the director after each TD. They're taking time out of their lives to be out there herding all of us and deserve the recognition.