thieves

92illpony

Mr. Theif,

Thanks for stealing my gopro from the patriot paddock the other day. If you wanted some video action for the day i'm sure you could have asked me and i'd let you borrow it. I always thought that the NESBA events were a safe place where everyone looked out for each other and we are a family of fiends. I see now that i have to keep my stuff on lock down. I don't have a lot of nice things and that camera i really enjoyed. So everyone don't leave anything valuable out of sight for any amount of time.

Meat

Now before everyone jumps on this thread with some criticism for jumping to conclusions, you may want to give some details as to why you think it was stolen, when, where. If it was in your pits, what did your pit setup look like and where was it located, etc.

The nesba group does keep their eyes out. I leave ALL of my tools, spare parts, coolers, red bull, suit dryer, etc outside all weekend without any fear.

One weekend at CMP, I thought someone stole my Kawasaki Service Manual on Friday night. I was rather upset all weekend, but I ended up finding it under the seat in my truck. I was so glad that I didn't bitch up a storm, like I wanted to, because it was never stolen and it was my own fault for misplacing it.

I am by no means saying that your gopro wasn't stolen. I am just relaying my experience as a possible reason you lost your camera.

Everyone that I know in nesba takes theft very seriously, they also take blaming theft as a default to losing something very seriously as well.

92illpony

I have 2 camera setups. One on the top yoke touching the nut on top and one on the tail. I put tape under all my mounts so they dont viberate. This makes it pretty hard to remove the mounts from the bike. So i leave the mounts installed and never remove them. If i need the camera moved i pull the camera and case and leave the mount. I have a mount on the rear and the yoke. I woke up and crawled out of the trailer and when i went to go to tech i noticed that my camera was gone and the tape was all ripped up that was under the mount on the yoke. I NEVER pull the mounts as they are so hard to remove and i have to reapply the tape as it usually rips up like it did when said person decided to remove it for me.

Meat

It does sound like someone may have stolen it. Seems like, if the clip would have vibrated out of the mount that is adhered to your bike, then I would think the tape would be compressed (and a bit shiny in places if it was blue painters tape) and could possibly be torn. But, I would think the tear would look very different from a torn tape due to instant removal.

92illpony

sticky mount is intact and touches the top nut. Mount slides into the sticky. Tape goes between the two.

IMAG0019.jpg

meanstrk

Control Rider
I was set up right next to Joe and am pretty sure I recall seeing it on the bike Sat evening and not there Sun morning. Needless to say, Joe was pissed.

DFlowe

I hate to hear someone stole your GoPro. I think the NESBA group is pretty tight overall, but one unscrupulous person can spoil that feeling. I leave my stuff lying around everywhere and I haven't had any problem in 8 years, perhaps I have a false sense of security.

dbarufaldi

:agree:
DFlowe;219654 wrote: I hate to hear someone stole your GoPro. I think the NESBA group is pretty tight overall, but one unscrupulous person can spoil that feeling. I leave my stuff lying around everywhere and I haven't had any problem in 8 years, perhaps I have a false sense of security.
:agree:

Leave my stuff around all the time, can't remember ever having something go missing. Have lent tools, spare parts, always seem to find their way back.

Sorry to hear about this...the feeling SUCKS.

Dan B

thomspins

Hate to hear it man. Keep in mind, I did notice a few folks finding their way over from the car event at North to Patriot on Sunday to watch. You never know who may be wandering around.

Ruhe52

I have never had anything stolen per se, but have had tools borrowed and not returned as well as fronted fuel and then not get paid for said fuel.
Leave my stuff pretty much out in the open and have never had anything just walk off without knowing it was leaving my paddock. Never knew it would not return. Are the thieves you know better or worse than those you don't. Sucks as I too have a false sense of security and well being at NESBA events when it comes to theft. Last I heard of anything being stolen was a number of years ago when someone stole a set of tire warmers from Derek.

To the liberator of others belongings. GO F$#@ YOURSELF.

CasterTroy

thomspins;219681 wrote: You never know who may be wandering around.
Yeah I noticed a few "browsers" snooping around bikes sunday. Even had a strange fellow come strike a conversation up about my bike. Dude looked to be in his late 20's and asking if you had to have a license to ride a motard on the track. Dude was a little off kilter, but nice. Still kinda caught me off guard when he sat indian style inches away from my bike. I kept waiting for him to touch the header and burn himself :popcorn:

I actually made my way over sunday to the AutoX pad at lunch to drool over those classic muscle cars on C5/C6 chassis and the event organizers quickly came to greet me and ask just who the hell I was and why was I all up in their $80k cars snapping pics :p

Got an invite to bring the "little car" and join them next spring though :idea: Which I will do now!

But you're right...MANY more people at the track than JUST NESBA riders this weekend

thomspins

CasterTroy;219693 wrote: Yeah I noticed a few "browsers" snooping around bikes sunday. Even had a strange fellow come strike a conversation up about my bike. Dude looked to be in his late 20's and asking if you had to have a license to ride a motard on the track. Dude was a little off kilter, but nice. Still kinda caught me off guard when he sat indian style inches away from my bike. I kept waiting for him to touch the header and burn himself :popcorn:

But you're right...MANY more people at the track than JUST NESBA riders this weekend
Yeah, I believe the same dude was hanging around our tent for quite some time.

some guy #2

I always fear for my stuff but since I don't have an enclosed trailer and a pick up it's hard to lock everything down anyway. Good call on watching out for non NESBA-ians at the event. It's a good idea to make friends with your pit buddies for this exact reason.

1bad7

This blows bro, so to hear about it as I would be pretty pissed too. but I'm as guilty as everybody else here when it comes to leaving my stuff out all weekend and not thinking twice, maybe I'll be more cautious about who's around if not just Nesbians...

denbsteph

That sucks!!, low rent individuals are everywhere. Not just in prison, but every where you go, F#C#ING Douche-bag!!

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
I'm of the opinion the thief or thieves are not NESBIANs. I'm more inclined to the theory that this is something being done by local people in Danville taking advantage of our liberal gate policy to come to our events and "pick pocket". It ONLY happens at VIR.

Yes, Derek had a set of Chicken Hawk warmers stolen at VIR Full July of 2008. I also think a set of tires was taken from the parts trailer on the South Course the following year. Since the parts trailer has been locked when not occupied and since turned over to PCWX in the SE and Chuck and that Team are never away..the pilfering from the parts trailer has stopped there.

I just don't think anyone that wants to be part of NESBA would even consider stealing. You join a family when you join NESBA, if you choose to become part of it and become involved. I've never met pitted next to me that didn't become friendly with us at that event, as well as future events. We all always end up watching out for each other and helping each other. It just doesn't make sense to steal from people you befriend and will see again.

Besides, if you want to enjoy any longevity in NESBA, you'd be playing the odds of not getting caught..and the odds of that are against you. And getting caught would lead to criminal prosecution as well as a serious ass-whippin'. In 8th grade, a teacher caught a kid breaking into the boys locker room and taking money from 8th grader's wallets while they were in gym class. The teacher waited for him, caught him, and brought him out in the gym and let the class meet the kid that was taking money from them. Danny got his ass kicked EVERY DAY for the rest of 7th grade. And unfortunately for Danny..it was before Xmas..so he had about 6 months of ass-whuppins. (He later ended up in prison for statutory rape..but that's another story).

But anyway..it would be that kind of situation for a NESBIAN to be stealing..and they'd never be able to show their faces at an event again. Not to mention all the fun BETARACE would have with their face using Photoshop. :D

betarace

Photoshop is not an ass kickin. In this case my computer would be exchanged for a baseball bat. Despicable.

I suggest we incorporate a "neighborhood watch" mentality. Become thy brothers keeper. If needed, I have ways to make bodies disappear.:D