Thinking about racing!

Yank 521

Control Rider
i think racing and track days are completely different. when i'm out doin track days, and i'm coming to pass u. if i'm not 100% sure i can get through the pass with fellow rider clean then i back off. in racing i will try doing everything not to cause a crash, but i will slam the door on u to get a plastic trophy. contingency money, its there. but for me, i seem to always be stuck in a loop hole. when i started this year, my first couple races i finished mid pac. reason, rode them like trackdays. i was to kind of a rider that didn't push it, or should i say push somebody else to push to keep there position. when i ride track days, i still ride 110% of my ability. but a bit layed back on making a tough pass. nesba only offers a t-shirt, and u don't have to get 1st. to get it. there is a coupon right in your book for free. but if u wanna race, come on out and run some laps. u may surprise yourself and do better than u thought. there is a bunch of good people at the race weekends also.

Katie785

RacerRuss;6015 wrote: The craziest pass on me this year was by Katie at VIR in March in the HW Solo, up the inside of me in turn one and past 3 others on the outside through turn one (still in her orange shirt).
:cheers:
i had alot of confidence that weekend... its what you need to race and do well.. i also LOST all that confidence that weekend right about lap 3 of race 17... lol... you live, you learn.. and then you re-learn.. i dont disagree with the passing, just letting people know that you need to be prepared for it..