Thinking of racing next year...

Andrei

Jiggy;98110 wrote: You can only comment in this thread if you have completed 3 Full laps in a race without wrecking or getting ass packed. :shutit:
how about relaxing this to : was able to clear Turn Number 1 ?

well , in any case, I'm disqualified for posting here :D

carry on ...

Tony A

Jiggy;98110 wrote: You can only comment in this thread if you have completed 3 Full laps in a race without wrecking or getting ass packed. :shutit:
mock race:confused::saythat:

Trent1098S

crewnutz;98153 wrote: who would actually WANT to go to the midwest? :p
Why's everyone downing the midwest? It's not like we don't have .. um.. well, and that thing that .. well, ya know.. but what about that one time that .. uhh.. that don't work either. I got nothing.

We have a LOT of long, straight, flat roads! HAHA! You southerners and easternors and all-you-othernors just don't know the deep satisfaction there is to gain of riding a good long straight through endless cornfields! We get such nice flat spots built up on our tires we don't even need kick stands!

Hell some guys buy race take offs because the tops aren't touched and there's plenty of tread left for street use... here, racers buy our street take offs cause the sides haven't ever been touched! Not once!

dc aka lowside

What is this transponder? Are you guys talking about the transmitter for the lap timers like XT? I was thinking about buying either the XT GPX or Starlane Stealth GPS lap timers, would these not be acceptable in either CCS or WERA?

rk97

The transponder is your official timing beacon.

If you forget to turn it on, or the battery dies mid-race, it's a DNF.

At $260+ new, or $60/weekend rental, I'm tempted to just 'race' without one and accept that I'll be disqualified, and my lap times won't post to mylaps.com

The GPS timers you mention don't break any CCS or WERA rules that I'm aware of, but I don't believe they function as transponders for official scoring.

Jiggy

Control Rider
Transponders have different requirements depending on which organization you race with.

WERA makes you either purchase your own AMB 260 Transponder $420 , or you have to rent one $60 each weekend (I believe you can apply 50% of this fee towards a new transponder purchase if you choose to buy one down the road). If you are looking at buying a used Transponder on the WERA forums, be aware of the account transfer fees that mylaps.com will charge you for switching units(http://www.mylaps.com/index.php/us_eng/Websites/B2C/bike/products/used_transponders2). Its $50 to transfer accounts into your name so do the math when you are buying used transponders for WERA. If its only $20 total cheaper, just buy a new unit.

CCS transponder is different. They provide you one at registration that weekend. the fee is included in your registration fees. You cannot use your WERA transponder in CCS. CCS requires that you return your transponder before you leave, or within 30days of your rental date. You will be charged full price for the unit if you fail to return it.

dc aka lowside

Racing is EXPENSIVE....I will wait until I am at least mid-pack A group before I enter CCS or WERA. In the meantime there are orgs like Team Pro Motion that conduct club races that I think will fit us I groupers much better and they are a lot easier on the wallets...lol

Jiggy

Control Rider
Dean A Bosch;99840 wrote: I didn't know you were a control rider John!

you doing some more racing next year?

yeah brotha, I got bumped at the end of August. I am thankful every day, even snow days, for the opportunity.

As for racing, that is the plan for next year. Though I am not planning on slamming into you again at Summit. :D

89 days until the 2010 season starts.

Wera will change the name they enter it under and the new name shows up on Mylaps. What you don't get is a log on for Mylaps which allows you to use there website fully, but it isn't really that worth while since you can still view all the results etc with out it. I asked the person I bought my transponder from to set a generic password and just give it to me. I got mine for about $225 less then the price of a new one so I got what I wanted, a working transponder that I could resell for no loss when I'm done with it.

G

todd stinson;97455 wrote: a bike wired to "a" group standards will pass ccs tech. You just need the proper stickers for contingency and make sure your transponder is mounted properly. The people i have encountered in ccs tech/registration are generally an older "down home" crowd of very nice gentlemen/ladies that will help you and not make you feel stupid in any way.
just stupid in my case!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!