Thx from Garage #5 @ VIR

TJS

I had a big crash at VIR on 2 June. The oil filter ring/seal blew out, it was screwed on tight and safetywired ...sorry about any oil guys! My pan did seem to catch most of it. Result was a plate for the left collar bone and a strong ringn of my "bell".
Thanks to all the guys in the garages next to me for looking after my stuff and loading my stuff up....their names that I can remember: Meaty, Chicken wing, Jason, ???
I did happen to leave behind a Pit Bull front stand and my kick stand. So, if you have it I will pay for boxing and shipping to: 921 Catherine Street Richmond, Va 23220. My cell 804-307-3543

Thx,
T. Jason Stanley

TJS

I checked. ...it's like the o-ring just gave under pressure. The filter was still on more than hand tight. Another guy said it may have gotten pinched.

vice

is it cartridge style or canister? Ive pinched a few cartridge filters. as for canister, I cant imagine them pinching, only stacking like madriders said

Teh_K

Damn, that sucks, man - hope you heal up quick!

Was it an OEM filter? I know Suzuki says to torque 'em to, like, 14 lb-ft, which is way more than I can do hand-tight, but I torque 'em anyway...

92illpony

if that was going into turn one on the brakes i saw that one from my walk from the bathroom..looked like it was safe and gonna take it to the grass maybe and then i say the bike flop up and rider over...ouch.

Meat

I was pitted next to you, along with Chicken Wings. People came out of the woodwork to help out. Really like 6 or 8 of us helped out.

I honestly didn't see anything at all left in the garage but that doesn't mean it wasn't there or maybe was left outside. There were so many people helping out.

Really sorry if we missed your stands. I didn't see an extra stand laying around but I will ask the 3 other guys I was pitted with in garage 6 to see if they saw anything.

Bummer that you went down. We were all bummed for you.

flynlow69

Hey Jason, mike from garage 4 here. Good to hear from you! No worries here about the red flag.

I didn't see or hear anyone in garage 4 mention a spare stand.

I had a Honda car a few years ago that would blow the seal on the oil filter. It's pressure release valve was hung shut and allowed excess pressure to build blowing the seal.

TJS

New filter and oil in today...ran great! So, my fault for not tighten or I did crimp the o-ring tryn to squeeze it between the headers.
Thanks again! ....and thanks to you and the ladies they may have helped calm my wife down. She drove down with my dad from Richmond.

corymac

I'm glad your healing up. I thought for sure we put your stands with all your gear, but I could be wrong. I left around 3 on Sunday and I don't think I saw anything left from your pit there. Man that sucks about your bike, I was loving that thing.