Time for a new clutch??

racerx69

I felt the clutch slipping a little shifting into 4th and 5th, 2wks ago at VIR South. Im on an 07 gsxr 600 30k miles. Im sure the basket is ok so should i just replace with a new plate set or really invest in an all new assembly? Any advice is welcomed, thanks!!

Toddgotfish

Control Rider
Steels an fibers should be fine. But I would pay the extra 9 bucks for new springs.,suzukis clutch packs are pricey though.

racerx69

Toddgotfish;280470 wrote: Steels an fibers should be fine. But I would pay the extra 9 bucks for new springs.,suzukis clutch packs are pricey though.
Thanx bro, im looking at an EBC srk kit, that comes with steels fibers and springs for bout 180.00. Thanx for the advice!!

Rmcaninch600

Control Rider
racerx69;280591 wrote: Thanx bro, im looking at an EBC srk kit, that comes with steels fibers and springs for bout 180.00. Thanx for the advice!!
I recommend only using stock clutch they are usually the best

Myers

Control Rider
racerx69;280464 wrote: I felt the clutch slipping a little shifting into 4th and 5th, 2wks ago at VIR South. Im on an 07 gsxr 600 30k miles. Im sure the basket is ok so should i just replace with a new plate set or really invest in an all new assembly? Any advice is welcomed, thanks!!
with 30K on it... MAKE SURE you check the basket for grooves.

at the very least plates and springs... :agree: with above OEM is the way to go....

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Ballpeen;280657 wrote: with 30K on it... MAKE SURE you check the basket for grooves.

at the very least plates and springs... :agree: with above OEM is the way to go....

+3 to what my fellow CRs said...OEM. :cool:

Ruhe52

+5 OEM or don't complain when it's rubbish just sit there and smile. :D

I have seen more people have awful day because of installation of "after market performance" clutch packs. By and large garbage.

+6 OEM

I get two votes that how they did it in Chicago growing up :dunno: