Time for new gloves

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I got a hole in one of my Heroic gloves and sent them back to get fixed. Got an estimate to fix them of $65-$70. Sent them up there and got hit with a bill of $135. Not worth it to get them fixed for that price. I really liked the gloves, but they should have lasted longer. I still have my AStars from 2004 that are worn but still in great shape.

I like the AStars line, but the plastic piece across the knuckles digs into my knuckles when squeezing the grips. Other than those two brands, I've never worn any other gloves. It seems like the Held Phantoms are very popular in the paddock. What other gloves are you guys happy with? Price isn't necessarily an issue, but I don't plan on spending $450 on a Dianese Rossi replica pair. TIA

motorkas

Held's here - cannot wear anything else after wearing them - truly feel like a second skin and there are just too many accounts of them lasting through multiple crashes. . .the price of them suck something fierce (I was fortunate enough to score both pairs at extreme discounts because of sales). . .

Best bang for the buck (in my opinion) would be be the Knox Biomech (brother love's his and truthfully it is still the hands down winner for "best gauntlet closure system" out of any glove on the market). . .or the Cortech Adrenaline II from the looks of them.

Steve can chime in about the Knox Handroids in crashes - survived two of them - he tore them up on his second crash but it was a BIG hit on his hand. . .

You going to NCBIKE on Monday?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Another vote for Helds, I currently have the Phantom. Been wearing Helds almost exclusively for over a dozen years.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
Best bang for the buck (in my opinion) would be be the Knox Biomech (brother love's his and truthfully it is still the hands down winner for "best gauntlet closure system" out of any glove on the market). . .or the Cortech Adrenaline II from the looks of them.

You going to NCBIKE on Monday?

Thanks for the heads up on the Knox. I had never seen them in person and really never considered them. They look really nice and I have to agree that closure system is pretty sweet.

I have too much work to do and really can't take off. I am itching to go, but it just won't happen. If you are going, please be safe and have fun.

03bueller

Control Rider
I just picked up some racer gloves http://www.racerglovesusa.com/

I got the high speed glove, they felt like they were already broken in when I got them

I might pick up a pair of the R-safe's as well, they're a bit bulkier from what I read, and have a bit of a break in period, but have loads of safety features :)

Oh and if you believe the reviews on gloves apparently Ken Hill said the High Speed glove is his new favorite glove....

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Held.

Been wearing them since 1997. Crashed 8 times since then. Some doozies because I don't seem to get lucky enough to low side gently.

Never had one scratch on my hands yet from a crash wearing Held gloves.

I've never even seen any of the Held gloves I've owned pop a stitch after any of my crashes.

HavocCat

Chris
I wish I could give some input, but as a wearer and fan of the A* SP-1, my advice is no good :)

Let us know what you end up getting!

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
I wish I could give some input, but as a wearer and fan of the A* SP-1, my advice is no good :)

Let us know what you end up getting!

It's funny..I've REALLY liked EVERY product I've bought from AlpineStars...Leathers, boots, Tshirts, back protectors. The ONLY thing they make that I don't like is their gloves.

A-Star gloves just don't offer the feel of ANY Held glove or that Dianese model. I understand why pro racers wear them..they're paid to wear them. But, if I were a Hayden, Hayes, Rossi, Lorenzo, Sykes, or Marquez,
I'd be signing my deal to allow for me to wear Held gloves.

Other gloves I've tried:

I have some Dianese. This model (http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=13122) just in black..so I paid less. Those are pretty darned good, too compared with Held's.
I currently still wear these as well. I have 2 pairs of gloves and usually 2 helmets at each track day that I rotate between sessions throughout the day. That allows them to dry between uses.

I also had these (http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Detail.bok?no=5909) and didn't like them either.

buzz-06

Jim, get with me sometime this week and I'll bring my held gloves to work. You can swing by when you get off and try them on if you'd like.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
Geoff, thanks for the offer. I will wait until the new models come out next year before making any final decisions. But, I really appreciate everyone's input.