Tire Combo ???

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
No problem, but I think the popular combo is the reverse...the 2CT on the front for added grip, and the regular PP on the rear for longer wear. Just something I'd heard, no personal experience! Either way will work! :)

liteitup

HondaGalToo;50849 wrote: the popular combo is the reverse...the 2CT on the front for added grip, and the regular PP on the rear for longer wear.
hmm I haven't heard that myself. Something to think about. I need a rear to finish the front and was going to the 2ct. Really would like to try that. Id also like to try the Diablo III at some point.

minman26

HondaGalToo;50849 wrote: No problem, but I think the popular combo is the reverse...the 2CT on the front for added grip, and the regular PP on the rear for longer wear. Just something I'd heard, no personal experience! Either way will work! :)
:agree: I've also heard this but have not tried. Makes more sense this way.

barry38

It is more common to run a softer front than rear, mainly beacuse the rears wear faster and you will get more life out of a harder compound rear (in general), but this should be ok......

Apex

barry38;51157 wrote: It is more common to run a softer front than rear, mainly beacuse the rears wear faster and you will get more life out of a harder compound rear (in general), but this should be ok......
...so would you or most everyone run another Pilot Power rear over the 2CT for extended tire life?:notsure:

Apex

barry38;51157 wrote: It is more common to run a softer front than rear, mainly beacuse the rears wear faster and you will get more life out of a harder compound rear (in general), but this should be ok......

I still have a ton of wear left on the front and I thought going with the 2CT's would add a bit more grip in and out of the corners?

liteitup;50872 wrote: hmm I haven't heard that myself. Something to think about. I need a rear to finish the front and was going to the 2ct. Really would like to try that. Id also like to try the Diablo III at some point.
I have a DCIII on the front and a regular Diablo on the rear.

Best tires I've ever run. I did this based upon a conversation with Chris Moon. I explained my bikes rear rim takes a stock 170 rear and a 180 kills turn in. He recommended the combo.

I'm glad I listened.

Dan

ta2kutz

anyone know what price the gpa's are going for this year?
i was offered a smoking deal i think and i might decide to switch once my dc3's are gone
ANOTHER QUESTION WHAT COMPOUNDS WOULD BE BEST WITH THE GPA?
soft front med rear or soft ,soft?