Tire condition

HokieRider

I bought a track R6 a few weeks ago that hasnt been on the track since last year. The tires have plenty of tread left and are not old but the tire and rubber build up feel hard to the touch, is this normal? none of my bikes have sat this long so im not sure.

will they come up to temp and scrub off all the old rubber or can i do something to help prep them?

thanks

Meat

I wouldn't even think about not riding a year old track tire. If it has been out of the heat and there aren't any flat spots then the tires should be great.

And yes, the little melted rubber balls on the sides of the tire are often hard. They shouldn't cause you any problems either.

The answer is really up to you. There is a whole gaggle of riders that believe that if you even question the tire's integrity then you need to just buy a new tire.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
HokieRider;243308 wrote: I bought a track R6 a few weeks ago that hasnt been on the track since last year. The tires have plenty of tread left and are not old but the tire and rubber build up feel hard to the touch, is this normal? none of my bikes have sat this long so im not sure.

will they come up to temp and scrub off all the old rubber or can i do something to help prep them?

thanks
Just give to me, I'm just trying to look out for your safety.

:D

erick1670

a tread jack here....

I fund a nice set of Dunlop slick but were made back in 4505... K106, they were run for few warm up laps then dismounted (2 heat cycles) would you run this? I am in the yes/no :notsure::dunno:

thanks in advance!

borislav

Control Rider
erick1670;245942 wrote: a tread jack here....

I fund a nice set of Dunlop slick but were made back in 4505... K106, they were run for few warm up laps then dismounted (2 heat cycles) would you run this? I am in the yes/no :notsure::dunno:

thanks in advance!
It does not matter what we all think,it matters what do you think and how COMFORTABLE are you with decision to run them!
Remember one thing in this sport of ours comfort level is very important,in other words if you dont have full trust in those tires they will hold you back!

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
If you're asking..just swap them out for your own peace of mind.

If you don't, and something happens..you'll be questioning yourself from here until forever about the decision.