Tire pressure help needed

NCDave

Well, I'm a newb to all the track stuff, so just learning and absorbing. I understood the blueing to be a sign of fatigue due to heat cycles. I always give my tires about 2 laps to warm up before I start getting aggressive on them. I really like how the grip is on them though. Very confidence-inspiring.

sobottka

i see a lot of people freaking out about the blueing. pretty sure all brands of tires do it under the right conditions and they all clean up in about 1 turn. the blue, i was told, is oils that rise to the surface of the tire, usually after use. every michelin i've run blue'd in between events and was not a problem

sobottka

BTW- for those of you running the new power one tire with no compound designation (ie. the commercially available tire) these pressures will not work because those tires have a different/softer carcass . i have no official pressure data on those tires but the one set i ran felt good at 27/32

chaun

sobottka;117092 wrote: i see a lot of people freaking out about the blueing. pretty sure all brands of tires do it under the right conditions and they all clean up in about 1 turn. the blue, i was told, is oils that rise to the surface of the tire, usually after use. every michelin i've run blue'd in between events and was not a problem
:agree:

chaun

NCDave;117073 wrote: I'll probably go back to 2CTs
You might to try the Bridgestone BT003RS. They offer more grip and will give you better drive because of the tread pattern.

geckert

sobottka;116967 wrote: those were the "commercially available" race tire and we didnt race on that compound (i have no experience with this compound) but you should be fine and they should wear very good
Where can I get some real race tires Power Ones? Will these "commercially available" PR's work with 30/22...

my manual suggests 47 psi on the rear for the stock michelins :) hahahahaha

sobottka

geckert;117257 wrote: Where can I get some real race tires Power Ones? Will these "commercially available" PR's work with 30/22...

my manual suggests 47 psi on the rear for the stock michelins :) hahahahaha
30 may be ok for the front, i dont reallty remember probably 32 but i do know the rear needs somewhere between 26-28 psi cold. it has a much softer carcass than the ones available through race tire dealers and requires more pressure or it will feel squishy (at least it did to me).
visit a ccs or wera race and see the trackside michelin dealer for the real ones. your nesba regional trackside peeps may be able to help also

jesse12

Is anyone going to be running the new power pure? i picked up a set and im going to try them this weekend at Thunderbolt. I called michelin and the info i got was 30 front and 28 rear (cold).120 and 180.

Gorilla

Control Rider
geckert;117257 wrote: Where can I get some real race tires Power Ones?
Track side at any race event. WERA, CCS. . . .

or call Frank 321-267-4787 or Walt 256-538-5906 and they'll ship them out.