Tire question

rmzboy517

Hey looking for some advice on my rear tire, i'm hoping it will make one more track day at road america next weekend but i would like some imput, let me know what you think!! Its a pirelli Diablo supercorsa sc2 compound on a gsxr 1k, always on warmers
DSCN0730.jpg

DSCN0735.jpg

DSCN0740.jpg

DSCN0742.jpg

Folly1

There is another factor and that is heat cycles. A tire durometer is a hardness tester. It costs $70 and tells you when your tire is cooked hard. A SC Pro will go from a 40 when warm to a 65 over a number of days, and can still look good if you are a wimp on the trottle.
I am a wimp and crashed on a hard tire that still looked good.
Google durometers and see what they look like. I think that next to a brain, they are the most under utilized track day tool. It will also show you why you use tires softeners (warmers) as the cold tire is hard, hard, hard, even one at room temp.

My .02.

Ben.

07yzfr1

I think it's different for each person. If you are a person that knows how to 'listen' to your tires, you should be able to tell when it's not going to hold anymore. 'I' am not one of those persons, if I have any doubt if my tire is good, I have will get something diff. on there.

Brandon20

07yzfr1;21860 wrote: I think it's different for each person. If you are a person that knows how to 'listen' to your tires, you should be able to tell when it's not going to hold anymore. 'I' am not one of those persons, if I have any doubt if my tire is good, I have will get something diff. on there.

I agree, if you have to ask or have any doubt, then change it. Better to be safe than sorry.

snikwad

a common saying tho, is if you have to ask, you should prolly change em.

Does anyone know how many heat cycles these tires are typically good for anyway?

rmzboy517

im not worried about the heat cycles or grip, i just havent riden that much at road america to know if thats gonna be enough tire for the day.. i know i can run that tire down just dont wanna run it down mid day and be outta tire for the afternoon. Any one know who to talk to about trackside tire service and if there gonna be at road america next weekend and how to get some tire pricing? thanks for all the replies

snikwad

Ahh, you might wanna know about the heat cycle and grip, because that's what usually decide if you wreck or not, besides a blunder, that is.

You see, if the heat cycles are done, you'll have less and less grip because the tire will become greasy and/or hard. When that happens you don't wanna be leaned over on them things man.

As someone said, besides the brain, your tires can make or break a weekend. Its cheaper to buy new rubber than new skins, and clip ons and rearsets.

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
you have plenty of tire left. I'd run it and don't worry about "running out of tire" you can always flip it if you do.

twin ty

I have ridden Road America several times and it tends to be hard on the right side of your tire (the carousel) is a long very fast sweeping right hander. Turn One Racing is the midwest trackside vendor. They are great for helping you out, just look them up and e-mail them. I had them do some some tire changes for me yesterday.

Ty