Tire suggestions for B class 2000 R-6?

simpsonf

I'm the guy that bought the crappy R-6 just before the VIR SED and am ready to buy new tires for it. Before I go any further, thanks to all the folks that helped me get some riding in that day. Kevin and Hans- when are we going again? The 23rd?

Does anyone have a suggestion on what I should get? Its a track only bike and I don't own tire warmers yet. I am a very B rider right now and would appreciate your help.
Thanks,
Fred
B-916

Rick Johnson

Get the DC3's from Derek they are a good trackday tire and wear well.They are about $280 or so.Lots of B,I ,some A guys run them and I've heard lots of CR's use them.

meanstrk

Control Rider
Rick Johnson;4013 wrote: Get the DC3's from Derek they are a good trackday tire and wear well.They are about $280 or so.Lots of B,I ,some A guys run them and I've heard lots of CR's use them.
Ditto on that! Great tires that grip well, warm up fast, and have excellent handling characteristics! Too much $$? Go with some Pilot Powers then.

smack28752

DCIIIs

I definitely agree on the Pirelli DCIIIs. :agree:I put a set on and have 3 track days and some road miles on them so far (including the SED at VIR). Wear has been terrific and the tires handle very good. I have run them without warmers on really hot days with no problems.

Check out the test in the British mag "SuperBike" at the link below. The DCIII actually tied for first in the test which focused on track riding. Very interesting article...

http://www.zinio.com/express2?issue=206338267

D. Leslie

Fred,

NESBA , ships sets of tires for free.

Call me to get a set of DCIII shipped to your door.

Thanks
Derek Leslie
615-456-9069

ksolo81

tires

hey fred!
myself ofcourse you saw im stuck on the supercorsa. mainly because ive been on'em so long there very predictable for me and i dont have tire warmers. i ordered mine from derrick and got a smokin deal. ill probly do the north that weekend ,the south has magnets in the grass that is only attracted to my ass! so i stay away. let me know if u want to hook up! looking foward to it
kev
2007 gsxr 750 jordan rep #81:adore: