tire warmers

HokieRider

anyone in the Richmond area have warmers i can borrow for this weekend? Ive never used them and id like to try them out...and to be honest im a cheap-ass and dont want to but them until next season haha

PM me

LarsDunaway

Rat Boy
Staff member
Control Rider
What tires are you using?
If you're using street tires, I've been told by several more experienced people than myself that you're better off not using warmers; evidently they can cause the tires to crumble or something.
If you're on race tires, buying warmers will save you money; just go ahead and get it done. I believe there are warmers available for rental through some of the vendors as well.

denbsteph

At Patriot I used warmers on My Q2's because it was cold that morning. I'll tell you this if it does anything at all, if boosts your riding confidence. I'm no tire expert but have heard from several people, tire warmers keep the heat cycle's consistent which extends the life of the tire. That's what I was told anyway. I'll be getting some this winter, regardless of what tire I'll be running next season.

Thanks to JoeyB for the lending of the Chicken Hawk Warmers........again.

Godfather

Ask Chuck?

HokieRider;258724 wrote: anyone in the Richmond area have warmers i can borrow for this weekend? Ive never used them and id like to try them out...and to be honest im a cheap-ass and dont want to but them until next season haha

PM me

Hey brother shoot Chuck an e-mail and ask him? I would think that if the warmers have a LOW setting it would be better for street tires vice a HI temperature setting? I don't know Sh!te though!

Where you running this weekend? I'm in Panama City Florida for work will not make NC BIKE:mad:

R/ Godfather

If you haven't already read them, the sticky posts in the Tire Information Center are a good resource for tire warmer information. Unless I've misread those posts, tire warmers bring your tires up to operating temperature and that's it. If you use tire warmers you can go out your first lap and run hard. If you don't use warmers then you will need to take a lap or two to get the tires warmed up before you can run hard. Most all else is myth, rumor, misconception...

http://tracktalk.nesba.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42

Kruizen

Control Rider
I just started using them the last month or so for 2 reasons. One I don't have to guess about tire pressures anymore the tires are hot/warm from the warmers I know where the pressure is(still check it after the first couple of sessions) but by then I have it pretty dialed in for the day. Two you don't have to take it as easy the first couple of laps, now its only as long as my brain takes to warm up instead of both the bike and the brain. My attention is now on the track not what my tires are doing those first couple of laps.

andykurz

^ i did the same thing. For me, it is about improving consistency of my equipment vs. improving performance. My pea-sized brain needs to focus all my attention on the other riding aspects!

fustyd

Reach out to Scott at MOTO-D, he'll lend you a set.

They work great on my bike and come with an awesome warranty.

> www.motodracing.com

attachment.php