Tires at Summit point

ShagMoto

Control Rider
N2 Vendor
Hey everyone,

I will be at Summit point 6/30-7/1 with the tire trailer. If you think your going to need tires please PM, email, or call me with your order. Contact: collin@shagmoto.com #610-463-8320.

Thanks!

virtualsolitude

Musician, physician but mostly fond of fishin'.
Was just thinking about tires

I plan to be at SP on Friday and Saturday and was thinking I may need/want tires mounted for Saturday. Any chance you'll be there Saturday?

virtualsolitude

Musician, physician but mostly fond of fishin'.
Okay. I'll look for the tire truck. Still curious about how soon to change tires. I'm basing my decision on the tread pattern wear as well as the profile of the tire. If it looks asymmetrical (when viewed from the back. Right now, my tires look fine as of last night. I'm concerned about the right-side tire wear, on an '09 R6 (compared to the kinder, gentler SV650 I borrowed in the past).

andykurz

The best rule of thumb is, if you are questioning it, change it. On most tracks we run, your right side will wear faster than your left. Many people "flip" their tires to compensate for this. Collin can do this for you, but remember that it's not a great idea to run a flipped tire in the rain - if you run in the rain.

jtsgsxr6

Looks like JC and shenny is like flipping tires. Shenny has a lot of lefts unlike most tracks. So use right on Saturday left on Sunday!

TProc

jtsgsxr6;278460 wrote: Looks like JC and shenny is like flipping tires. Shenny has a lot of lefts unlike most tracks. So use right on Saturday left on Sunday!
This is soooooooooo true. And I have gone to Shenny in the past to so called "get my monies worth" out of set of tires in the past.
Unlike JC, Shenny has just enough rights to keep the right side of the tire warm so you can run it in to the rights hard and not worry about tire temps effecting your edge grip.