Tires + Nesba

MaveR1ck

Does anyone know who NESBA is paired up with year, is it still dunlop and also please post link or info on tire prices.

Thanks!

Bucky Badger

Like Barry said...feel free to check out the Dunlops at the Trackdaystore.com and check on pricing, the pricing on the store will be the same as what you can purchase them for on the trackside.

There are a couple differences though....

1. If you purchase them at the track from the trackside vendor you won't have to pay shipping.

2. If you purchase them at the track from the trackside vendor you won't have to pay for mounting and balancing

The Trackside Store isn't a replacement for your trackside vendors...its meant to compliment the trackside vendors...lets not forget to give lots of tire love to the guys trackside!

ronhix

ridelater;113739 wrote: so the 1 front two rear donlop deal is the same at the track, or jst a web deal?
I would guess it would be up to the trackside vendors if they want to offer the same deal.

But since it is a limited offer to sell last years product, I'd be surprised if there are any left into April / May regardless.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
they change any tires.....i think Moon was doing $20 a tire? though i may be wrong.....

infinotize

What's the deal with trackside vendor? Do we have to preorder them so to speak or just show up with wheels and buy on the spot? I'm gonna need a set for NJMP in 2 weeks.

Billsv/R6

infinotize. I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct me. but as I can remember moon brings tires to the events but often sells out so it's best to order and pay for them or any other parts in advance. GREAT trackside service and parts and stuff you feel like you can't live without

thundertwini

FWIW:

I tried to get the 3 tire deal at NJMP on Saturday. The dude told me that they didn't have that deal available. So I got one front and one rear for 299, mounted and balanced for free. Still cheaper than paying shipping and mouting.

They have the 211GpAs as well (this year's AMA tire) Those were $360. Maybe next time.

Can anyone tell me the performance comparison/difference between the Q2's and the D209GPA's? Which might be more suitable for somebody like me in Intermediate Group. I run a decent pace but probably won't be able to put the kind of heat into the tires as guys in the A Group.

ronhix

329;127347 wrote: Can anyone tell me the performance comparison/difference between the Q2's and the D209GPA's? Which might be more suitable for somebody like me in Intermediate Group. I run a decent pace but probably won't be able to put the kind of heat into the tires as guys in the A Group.
Q2 if you don't use warmers. D209's of you do run warmers.

Q2 is a more street / track. D209 is a race tire.

Q2 will get greasy if it is too hot but they will also last longer.

D209 will have more grip at all temperatures, but will not last as long.

Both are good.

More questions.....

Thanks Ronhix. I planned on using warmers but I just purchased a set of Q2's from TrackDayStore. Is there any reason NOT to use warmers with the Q2's? Will the Q2's allow extreme lean angles? I'll be piloting a GSXR750 in "I" group. I run a decent pace but will not be setting any lap records. About how many track days can I get out of a set of Q2's with and without warmers? If I move up to a race tire like the 209's, about how many track days can I expect to get out of them (I'd definitely be using warmers)?

DDay85

I would like an answer to the above as well even though I just bought a set of Q2's. This info is more for future reference, but I would like to know what you veterans have to say.

rk97

by all accounts, the Q2's will take you well into "A" group. 209's will just offer a little more grip and possibly save your ass if you make a small mistake.

alternatively, some argue that stickier tires allow you to form bad habits like relying on the tire instead of better body position.