Too much fun at Roebling

Innovate803

Racecar to Racebike
I want to say thank you to everyone who made this weekend enjoyable and I had a blast with you guys. Especially a huge thank you to the guys who helped me load my bike after I went down. I finally am able to pick things up with my hands and move them today.

For those of you there I was the ZX10R that went down in T1. I was trying to find my braking point in T1 for threshold braking and the front wheel started locking up and I modulated the brakes hoping to continue to keep the wheel rolling but it grabbed and snapped down. Track temperatures were crazy high and street tires do not mix as they were getting greasy. I came from cars and have been on race tires since 2011 so not used to street tires on track really. I am used to grip on the track. It happens and I am parting out the bike and will come back with something else.

Also, I rolled 100+ feet because I went down around 150, the corner worker said I scared her to death. Luckily all the safety equipment saved my life. I need a new helmet and gloves but that is better than being in a casket. I say that because I landed on my hands and went face first onto the pavement, it was a wild ride. I hope the guy who broke his ankle is also doing well!