Track day fairings

jramsey8258

Did a search and found nothing. I have my first track day next weekend in ATL and my replacment fairings won't be here by then. I'm guessing it will be ok to run my gsxr "naked"?

nroussin

jramsey8258;278178 wrote: Did a search and found nothing. I have my first track day next weekend in ATL and my replacment fairings won't be here by then. I'm guessing it will be ok to run my gsxr "naked"?
I'm not well versed on the "unspoken" tech rules with NESBA, and the manual isn't blatantly clear on the issue. However, IMHO, running a sport bike that's OEM with full body work, naked, isn't a grand idea. I guess it really isn't much different than an SV or other naked's in all reality. If it were me I would leave the OEM body work in place and tape up lights, remove mirrors, drain anti-freeze and safety wire the bare minimums at least. But that's just my $.02 :D

Either way, have fun and learn!

PATBAROK

i dont like riding without fairings-i dont want to be the one that faks up everyone else's track time if by any chance my bike starts leaking oil or engine ice...

at least with my fairings on-the leak wont be as bad as opposed to a "naked" bike

andykurz

Unless your bike's stock fairings have a closed belly pan that will catch fluids, the stock fairings won't keep leaking fluids off the track.

ToddG

Control Rider
Director
jramsey8258;278178 wrote: Did a search and found nothing. I have my first track day next weekend in ATL and my replacment fairings won't be here by then. I'm guessing it will be ok to run my gsxr "naked"?
You can run the bike "Naked" without issue. Just make sure you have no lose bolts anything that can come off.

Todd