Track days at CMP in SC?

Turbotalon4

Just wondering if there is any interest/ planned dates for track days at CMP. I rode with nesba a couple times last year at cmp, as its quite close to me. I glanced at the schedule and didn't see any dates listed, but the track is still listed as a track that we ride.

StringBean27

Would definitely be nice to get a weekend there. Not sure why they weren't able to get CMP on there. Wish it would get repaved too

ridelater

Off topic abit, but what's the traction like at CMP? Rideable in the rain, sealant spots that get you in the heat etc.....

StringBean27

Traction is not so bad. There are a few areas I'm careful with seleant or pavement changes. But overall it's not the worst in the world. I've only ridden once in the rain with 211gpa and was going rreally easy so I can't offer a lot of feed back there. There is mostly right hand acceleration type corners and it really does a number on tires. At least mine anyway

Turbotalon4

I haven't really noticed any traction problems there. I have not rode it in the rain though. The pavement is a bit rough, and it will do a number on tires.

striker3034

To the OP: Was wondering the same thing myself. CMP is closest to me and I liked it the last time I went.

Traction: I felt pretty comfortable on this track for my first time out there. It didn't do too bad a number on my tires either.