track days in the colder months

Dave561

Control Rider
Look into a balaclava. They're a big hood meant to be worn under you're helmet and keepyour otherwise uncovered neck warm.

cold shread

I did a cold shred on my tires Monday at Autobahn. I think waiting to go out and not timing it right after taking off tire warmers was the culprit.

geckert

lemondrop
only if they are red and you yell "HO HO HO" as you go down the front straight
LOL! Ill give free bumps for presents. ;)

yea a balacalva. I was looking at a full-face hat/mask whatever you wanna call it. I am pretty sure we have one around the house. I thought about it and I might kill myself wearing a scarf. 'scarf gets caught in wheel strangles me to death'

Landshark

Control Rider
geckert;87490 wrote: LOL! Ill give free bumps for presents. ;)

yea a balacalva. I was looking at a full-face hat/mask whatever you wanna call it. I am pretty sure we have one around the house. I thought about it and I might kill myself wearing a scarf. 'scarf gets caught in wheel strangles me to death'
Yeah, but you would be an easy one to pull off the track!

DanteGSXR

i went down last november on i think it was turn 5 on the thunderbolt. it was the 2nd session also. did not have enough heat in the tires and was pushing too hard. i learned my lesson. im comming back on the 26th this month so hopefully the weather stays 60s and 70s would be great. i rather stay away from the colder track days myself but i missed alot this season due to buying a house so i had to hit the late ones up. next year i will make up for it!

mattf

Decisions, decisions. I've got a new set of BT003's waiting for my dedicated track bike, but it's already wearing BT016's in great shape at the moment. Debating on whether to swap them for NJMP on the 26th or not.

Maybe throw them on the track bike so if it warms up, I can rock them, and bring my street bike as a spare and run it with 2ct's in the earlier sessions or if the day never warms up.

Ugh. What to do.

jfmgsxr750

To book or not to book.........

Hmmmnnnn I am thinking about the 26th at thunder. I will wait a week before to book it. So I can have an idea what the weather will be like. I did some Nov dates last year at NJMP and 1 day was awesome and the next week it was freezing.:dunno: We are in a cold snap now. So if it is in the mid 60s down there I will be IN!!!! You just have to take it easy the first 2 or 3 sessions. Cold track and cold tires makes it much easier to visit the grass/dirt!!!:eek:

Landshark

Control Rider
mattf;89444 wrote: Decisions, decisions. I've got a new set of BT003's waiting for my dedicated track bike, but it's already wearing BT016's in great shape at the moment. Debating on whether to swap them for NJMP on the 26th or not.

Maybe throw them on the track bike so if it warms up, I can rock them, and bring my street bike as a spare and run it with 2ct's in the earlier sessions or if the day never warms up.

Ugh. What to do.
Any of those tire choices are good for a cool day. My suggestion would be use the 016's on the track bike. They are already scuffed in and plenty capable. Its the last day anyway so why push the limits and end backwards from where you are now.

jfmgsxr750;89500 wrote:
Hmmmnnnn Cold track and cold tires makes it much easier to visit the grass/dirt!!!:eek:
Only if you have brain freeze along with it.:dunno:

mattf

Landshark;89562 wrote: Any of those tire choices are good for a cool day. My suggestion would be use the 016's on the track bike. They are already scuffed in and plenty capable. Its the last day anyway so why push the limits and end backwards from where you are now.
Cool, thanks for the advice, I appreciate it!