Trackday Race School

rpm894

When I did it last year, it was classroom instruction between normal riding sessions in the morning and then a 2 or 3 lap mock race right before or after lunch. So there is nothing special on track besides the mock race. Lots of useful information from someone with experience racing. And you get your bright green shirt to wear as a provisional novice.

I think you need to do your first race with WERA or CCS within a year of taking the class.

Goodman

Photo-Rider
Do you have to have your bike race teched before the mock race? Would be fun to do, just don't see race securing my Monster being too practical.

rpm894

Do you have to have your bike race teched before the mock race? Would be fun to do, just don't see race securing my Monster being too practical.
No. As long as you can pass normal tech for the trackday in the morning. You go over the tech requirements for racing in the classroom. But you should safety wire the basics like drain plug and oil filter for any trackday, even if it is not technically required.

After the class, I realized I had to safety wire my exhaust hanger bolts before my first race. They were all loose, and I would have probably lost the muffler at some point. I don’t think someone just pulled (all) the rules for racing out of their ass. Probably a good idea to regard the safety requirements. And what psychopath regularly checks their exhaust hanger bolts?

Goodman

Photo-Rider
Oh absolutely, it is just race specing my monster isn't really practical, or worth it.

And what psychopath regularly checks their exhaust hanger bolts?
I do, since I changed the hangar LOL