Trackday Store and bees knees

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
coincidence??? i think not.

tossed poor ole lemondrop coming down the hill at BeaveRun last week. Damage was "quisi" minimal. Main thing were rearset was bent, new helmet isn't so new anymore, and Akro can is now custom GP style with a 30 degree bend in it.

Anyways, had Brian call me up personally (talked to him extensively about my old-new helmet earlier). Anyways, my issue was that the Akro can is from a full system and seemed like no one could help me out.

Well, Brian stepped it up called around. Ordered my can and I should be receiving it next week (I hope due to heading to the track next weekend).

Rearsets came in today and just waiting on the helmet.

All prices were very competitive and now I got a poo-load of trackday points to boot!

Thanks TDS!

Fastguy

Hey Lemon,

Glad to hear that you alright!

Did something reach out and grab you at the crest of the hill at Beave Run?

Can you explain to me what happened? I'd like to know so when I return to da Beave I can do so with confidence.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
nah...it was down the hill past the apex of T7. I was chasing down Eric, and for the most part of the day I had a better drive up and over the hill. Also, for pretty much of Sunday, but rear tire would spin up in the carousel and my front was pushing going down into T1. That being said, I probably shouldn't have been pushing as hard as I was..but, ya know when a good buddy is right in front of you....

anyways, this lap around I decided I was going to get him on the outside after the apex of T7. Well, he apparently knew I was close, as he dropped the hammer and we both pushed out wide to the exit of T7. I had a lot of lean angle and was probably at 75%-80% throttle. Felt the rear give a bit and then the whole bike just pushed out from under me.

Fastest I have ever been down and, ironically, felt the best afterward. I actually hit my bike, as it slowed down before I did.

Anyways, some other guys said they noticed a bump here and there, but I think I was way past those initial bumps at the entry of T7.

Recommendation, when you exit T6, aim for the grass on the inside of T7 and get on the throttle. Those bumps at the top of the hill aren't fun.