Trailer purchase question re WW

I currently have a 2007 Weekend Warrior FSC2800 toy hauler on hold. It's at RV Outlet USA down near VIR. I like the setup and the trailer appears in good shape. The inside is clean, no signs of wear, 5500 Onan gen , etc, etc.

Never had an RV before so no experience there.

Here's my question and concern. WW is no longer in business and went through a class action suit years ago. Anyone out there with a WW and comments or advice?

Here's the link: http://www.rv007.com/2007-weekend-warrior-fsc2800-used-toy-hauler-va-i741103.

The salesman said the brand was a good trailer in the day. Sort of contradicted by their going of business though there are many reasons for such.

I don't want my first trailer to be a bundle of problems on two axles. I can't keep it on hold for more than a day or two.

Thanks,

Reg

vice

It has harley stickers something is going to break!

I'n all seriousness I don't know much about these trailers. From what I read weekend warrior wouldn't always cross there T's and dot there I's. If the company that you are buying from offers a good warranty it may be worth it. I would consider it, but would be weary at the same time.

*I have never owned a WW trailer*

R1Baby

Control Rider
80% of the trailer chassis used for RV's are all made by the same company. Axles, Brakes are usually Alco which parts are plentiful. The difference with the different trailer companies is how they use the interior space. Everything in there you can buy at Camping World or any other RV dealer, from the furniture to the appliances. If the trailer looks to be in good shape, I would not hesitate to purchase the trailer. Onan is the best generator you can get.

vice;266866 wrote: It has harley stickers . . .
I told my wife they would be on the do list to remove. :) Also no warranty that I know of though I can inquire specifically.

Thanks R1 and vice for the feedback.

Reg

R1Baby

Control Rider
These trailers can be like boats sometimes, you will have issues, that is par for the course. But the rewards are well worth it. Like when it is pouring rain at 2AM and you need to use the rest room. I also cook breakfast, lunch and dinner in mine. So I can justify the extra maintenance these require.

steve gould

If I remember correctly WW was sued over claimed tongue weight and overall weights were more than they claimed putting owners over weight on their tow rigs.

Also, on a toy hauler that is a few years old, I would think the previous owners had most of the bugs worked out the first couple of years of ownership while under warranty. Have someone who knows what they are doing take a look at it. Specifically leaks in the roof that could lead to structural damage and delamination of the fiberglass.

I pulled the deposit. Too many unknowns. The salesman couldn't find the construction date. I think they knew.

Thanks for the feedback.

Reg

Motofun352

Control Rider
WW claim to fame was a light weight. Good if your tow vehicle is marginal but perhaps not good for a long trailer life. I opted out of a Weekend Warrior and went the heavy route....now that deisel is over $4/gallon it might not have been the smartest move.:(

jaysismyson

Well first off it comes in different widths for different jobs depending on what end of exhaust you are doing. I would use the 1 inch for the header and the 2 inch for the midpipe. All you have to do to install is overlap about half and tie it down with the stainless ziptie looking things. Hope that helps.

Kruizen

Control Rider
Just saw this thread, bought my WW from them, it's an 03, few minor issues but solid trailer in great shape and they were very good to work with.

Big learning curve in using/storing/etc with a you hauler.