Trailer Set-up, need some help from the pro's!

msanna

Hey all, I just bought a 25' x 8' trailer and am trying to get some ideas on setting it up to best suit track days and hauling as many bikes as possible
I already have the E-track from front to back in five rows from the previous owner, but may consider pulling it out, carpeting the floor and remounting it all

Any ideas are welcomed, thanks!

And please post your pics if you have any!!

PJZOCC624

PitBull trailer restraint system(s) - makes loading/unloading so much easier than using tie downs. They'll save room since you don't have to worry about tie-downs criss-crossing the trailer floor, and you'll be able to stagger/stack the bikes a little closer together without worrying about them rocking into each other.

They're pricey, but definitely worth it.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
PitBull trailer restraints are awesome, I have them, but they are bike-specific if that's a concern. You can buy the pins for different bikes separately, but I think the pins are still pretty pricey...upwards of 80 bucks, IIFC.

As far as the floor goes, I'm thinking carpet is going to be a mess the first time gas or oil is spilled on it. And if you're going to reinstall the e-track on top of it, you'll have to remove the track again to fix the carpet. The floor of my trailer is coated with the spray-on bedliner stuff (don't know which brand). We were the guinea pigs for the trailer place when we purchased the trailer, as they hadn't tried it on a wooden floor. That was in 2002 and it's held up perfectly. Gas and oil spills wipe right up. They did the floor and the ramp. If I were setting up a new trailer, I'd definitely go that route for the floor again.

msanna

great idea on the pitbull restraints, but they wont work for some of the pit bikes and harleys we haul too
as for the flooring, i spoke to someone that had the rhino lining on the floors and they advised against it because it held all the dirt, specifically mud and sand
however i seriously doubt we'll be getting mud in there...unless we run pocono east...lol
but i am liking the rhino lining so far

any ideas on shelving, storage, electrical, a/c, fold up mattresses?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Mud and sand? LOL. Actually, I think that stuff will clean/sweep out off a rhino liner floor better than carpet! :) I had a bunch of sand in there from Jennings once, and mud from the rain, etc., etc. Once in awhile, I'll vacuum it out with a shop vac and wash the floor with a deck brush. Cleans up great!

I have shelves in the front of mine. They're attached to the wall using "vertical" e-track. There's hooks that a bar rests into, then plywood shelves with a 6 or so inch diamond plate front are attached to the bar. That way, they can be moved or removed. I have all my chairs, air tank, box of tie downs, etc. on them.

Also, on the trailer tongue, I had one of those diamond plate boxes mounted. I keep the gas cans in there so they aren't stinking up the trailer.

Ruhe52

Blazin' Beltech fold down beds fo sho. Nice raxx stand restraints
Tyre down wheel restrain in lieu of the Pit bull if you want to be able to carry any bike

justariot66

Them there pit bull restraints is expensive!

They seem cool but geez, I ll stick with tie downs. Now too hard in the front and sinch it tight in the rear.

Do a search on "are trailers worth it" the retired marine (name?) has an awesome set up!

dave #66

Meat

justariot66;69699 wrote:

Do a search on "are trailers worth it" the retired marine (name?) has an awesome set up!

dave #66
Meanstreak is his username, Ron is his real name....

jon686

Roof mount a/c and some way to contain it with the rear doors/ramp open makes a great get away on a hot track day and for your crew/spectators while in the heat of the day.

Sleeping Psycho

Them there pit bull restraints is expensive! They seem cool but geez, I ll stick with tie downs. Now too hard in the front and sinch it tight in the rear.]
Some things are worth paying for and the Pit Bull Trailer Restraints for a track bike is the Bomb at any price. 5 seconds and you can completely load and secure your bike in the trailer even while enjoying your after track day cocktails, dehydrated or feeling the effects of a concussion. With those things, loading and unloading the bikes is the easiest part of set up and take down operations.

crewnutz

Pitbull trailer restraints are VERY nice but some of you guys act like its so hard to tie down a freakin motorcycle
it seriously takes me less than 3 minutes to push my bike into my van and tie it down