Trailer setup

bpolunin

So i finally got an enclosed trailer...

Wanted to get opinions on trailer setup... What do you all use to setup the trailer? How to hold everything in place? Post some pics of your setup please.

TurboBlew

How many bikes you hauling?
Treat your floor space like its at a premium and hang as much as you can on the walls.
Etrack is pretty cheap and helps with this.
Hang your spare where its easy to get.
For stands nothing beats nice raxx!

Id avoid the lowes/hd garage organizer stuff as it wont hold up very well (cheap welds)

Heres my unit still under construction

Setup to haul 4 bikes all the time. 2 pitbull TRS equipped and 2 baxleys for others.

bjwallen

TowRax makes some nice equipment to hold things in place.

Moduline or CTECH make some nice cabinetry, if you have the coin. I believe CTECH is a little more affordable and better quality. Compare for yourself. Moduline also makes/resells products like TowRax, but they also offer fold-down bunks, tables, and lots of other accessories.

For an added bonus, Stoett makes screens for the back door.

Like most anything, you're only limited by the depth of your pocket book!

Ruhe52

E Track, Pitbull restraints Condor Scooter chock, Moduline Cabinets, AC, .85 Rubber Coin Floor, Marine decking paint on the ramp, Blazin Bell tech Roll Couch / Bed Out door 110v outlet at least two inside. Back up lighting or 12v for ramp. Man you could do anything to one. Out of everything I recommend the pit bull set up for your bike or bike and a bailey and one of these for guests
http://www.kyaracing.com.au

Any thing more is for your ease and comfort. A wall cabinet for oil grease, cleaners etc. Spot for tools and some type of sleeping arrangement if you plan to camp in it.
Post up pictures of what you do to it.

jcrich

Here is mine. I put a futon in the front for sleeping. I also have the dorm frig and microwave.

DSCN2026.JPG

noobinacan

like said above.
There's no end to what you could do to one...
do a search, there are a couple of thread out there already on this topic.

bpolunin

All great ideas. Thanks for helping me spend my track money :).
Really trying to gather ideas as for storage, flooring, electrical, bedding....

Also, the trailer i got is barn doors, not ramp. Got it for free so beggars can't be choosers.... Anyway, should i try to trade it for ramp trailer? Is it really that much more convenient than barn doors and and using a bike ramp to get bikes down?
Also, Im not that familiar with electrical work. How do you wire an electrical box to hook up at track to run ac/heater, outlets, etc...

Btw, here is what i got: 2010 Lark 7x14 Vnose, dual axle, electric breaks.

TurboBlew

I would insulate the roof & paint the interior/floor and keep it simple. If you want A/C, 30amp, exterior flood lights, etc... you can order a trailer built to your spec in the future. It will be cheaper & have a warranty and you will know exactly what you want.
I prefer barn doors and you can buy the under trailer braces so you an slide the ramp under the floor or just build a hanger on one of the barn doors. A pressure treated 2x10 & ramp kit can be had for less than $40. Put some non-skid paint or bedliner on it to keep traction reliable.

noobinacan

bpolunin;298707 wrote: All great ideas. Thanks for helping me spend my track money :).
Really trying to gather ideas as for storage, flooring, electrical, bedding....

Also, the trailer i got is barn doors, not ramp. Got it for free so beggars can't be choosers.... Anyway, should i try to trade it for ramp trailer? Is it really that much more convenient than barn doors and and using a bike ramp to get bikes down?
Also, Im not that familiar with electrical work. How do you wire an electrical box to hook up at track to run ac/heater, outlets, etc...

Btw, here is what i got: 2010 Lark 7x14 Vnose, dual axle, electric breaks.
Nope, I would not.
I really like my barn doors, for a of lot of reasons and wouldn't want a ramp door.
Bike loading/unloading is probably

TLRSKUNK

Subscribed to this thread.
I'm about to pull the trigger on a 7x14 or 7x16 V-nose for hauling 4 bikes and gear. I have access to an 8.5 x12 or 14 that I may end up with based on cost. The 8.5 is a non V-Nose which is a feature I want but the 8.5 may be half the price I'd pay for a new one and I'm no where need loaded so the cost savings may be worth it. i have two TRS already and 2 Baxley so 4 bikes should be pretty easy with gear.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
TLRSKUNK;298860 wrote: Subscribed to this thread.
I'm about to pull the trigger on a 7x14 or 7x16 V-nose for hauling 4 bikes and gear. I have access to an 8.5 x12 or 14 that I may end up with based on cost. The 8.5 is a non V-Nose which is a feature I want but the 8.5 may be half the price I'd pay for a new one and I'm no where need loaded so the cost savings may be worth it. i have two TRS already and 2 Baxley so 4 bikes should be pretty easy with gear.
Always go with the bigger trailer...always. :cool:

bpolunin

OK, so I decided to keep the trailer. I will be insulating it soon. Trying to figure out if I should wire it with 30 or 50 amp inlet... Will be running the standard package, AC, some outlets, some lights, maybe a TV...
And any wiring suggestions on which panel to get would be greatly appreciated...

Dave561

Control Rider
30amp is more than adequate and you want a 4 breaker box. One for AC, one for inside and one more for outside outlet. You could use the other for a front outlet inside.

noobinacan

Otto Man;298928 wrote: Always go with the bigger trailer...always. :cool:
I think the whole trailer and setup thing is a personal choice.

A bigger trailer usually costs more up front, double axle means you gotta carry two spares at least (and you will want three spares when you hear some of the blowout stories). will cost you more to tow.

There are quite a few people here who tow small setup's in order to save gas money or just make small setup's work just as well.

End of day, you gotta do what works for you best and what you can live with.
You can spend a fortune in almost all aspects of this sport, but sometimes, less is more :)