Trying out a track day!

akoelling

Hey guys,
I just sold my old bike to make room for a new one and won't have the new one (Honda CBR 600) before my track day on August 18 so i will be test riding the R6 that they have there to see how I like the track! I do not have much experience, only a couple years of street riding so i'm nervous excited for this experience. See ya at the track!

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Welcome aboard!

Did you consider taking advantage of the Yamaha promotional program? You can get a free track day with the purchase of a new R6 or an R1.

bmrboy

Don"t be nervous, relax, enjoy the day, have fun with it !!!

Because, your life is about to change !!!
If you are doing VIR s. coarse , Its a great track ;)
Have one of the CR"S SHOW YOU AROUND, learn the track :agree:
Don"t worry about speed, it will come to you ...
Their are lots of others riders, in the same boat.
The most important thing, leave your ego at home, bring all your common sents..
You"ll be fine ;)

akoelling

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement! I feel very welcome in this community which definitely helps with the nervousness. I haven't seen any one get irritated over slow riders (yet), and i don't think I will. Thanks guys! Hope you see you on the track.

Welcome!

As a guy who has been in B group for a few years. Its not being slower that is a concern. Its being inconsistant and not staying on the race line that the CR's show you that becomes a issue. Its the faster riders responsibility to make a safe pass. If you are drifting all over the place that makes it really hard to safetly pass and makes it hazardous.

Relax, have fun and listen to the CR"s directions and instructions. You will have a blast :)

BZ

EddieRo

Bubba Zanetti;249639 wrote: Welcome!

As a guy who has been in B group for a few years. Its not being slower that is a concern. Its being inconsistant and not staying on the race line that the CR's show you that becomes a issue. Its the faster riders responsibility to make a safe pass. If you are drifting all over the place that makes it really hard to safetly pass and makes it hazardous.

Relax, have fun and listen to the CR"s directions and instructions. You will have a blast :)

BZ
I could see that. How long would you say it took to get comfortable with a track in terms of knowing the turns and having some markers for braking, etc? First day this Saturday...