Turn One Racing - Huge Props!

stkr

I just wanted to take a minute, and openly thank all the guys at Turn One Racing for their support, expertise, and help.

Thanks to Tom, Joe, and Marshall :first:

Early this spring, I had TurnOne rebuild my forks, and the previous winter they rebuilt my Penske rear. In July this year, they helped to fine tune/tweak the suspension. The bke was dialed in finally. I am also running Bridgestone slicks due to Marshall's recommendation. Good call.

This past weekend during the chili cookoff, my three days of fun started off with some carbuerator issues. I haven't had a chance for many track days this year, and my bike was running like crap the first session out (#2). I pulled the plugs, and they looked fine. Upon talking with Joe, he recommended pulling the pilot jet mixture screws, and cleaning out the ports. I spent two sessions and the lunch period, pulling the carbs, and cleaning out the ports. Most of my time was spent searching for the dropped mixture screw spring, and one TINY washer. :banghead: Thanks to StevieB for finding the spring by the rear stand. :cool: I got everything back together and running again, and the bike seemed to be much better.

The final test came on Monday, when I was feeling good, and the track was awesome. The A-group had a red flag, but after the restart, I managed to pull off a new personal best lap time of 1:18.3 at Blackhawk Farms. It's not really close to the track record, but for me, it was a huge gain with a previous best of 1:19, and a weekend full of 1:21's-1:19's.

I owe Turn One a big thanks for giving me a suspension that gave me the confidence to push harder than I had before. The bike was smooth, planted, and stable no matter what I did. The tires worked very well, even after four days on them.

Thanks again to Turn One! :cool:

Smiley

stkr;151032 wrote: I just wanted to take a minute, and openly thank all the guys at Turn One Racing for their support, expertise, and help.

Thanks to Tom, Joe, and Marshall ...........................

Thanks again to Turn One! :cool:

I have to agree 100% !!!

Turn One has hooked me up more than a couple times this year!!!

Thanks for being there for us trackside!!!

Joe will be rebuilding my Suspension this winter can't wait for new go fast bits :)

PS You were rolling good that weeeked what a hoot!!!

SpEeDy GoNzAlEz

Well let me give them more props! Joe hooked me up when I went down and broke my shifter on Sunday afternoon. He quick fixed the shift lever and had me back out for the last session of the day and the bike shift better than it did before with the original 1. I dont have spares cause i'ts my street bike but he saved me and had me back on the track in a NY minute. :adore: Hats off to those guys!

jigs

Well,they do good work and are expierienced racers,but give yourself some credit too,you're rollin' that old thing real well.Ya still gotta ride it,but yeah,they don't do their thing,and you try to go as fast as you are on that 98 you'd prolly be in the weeds for sure:;)

j_fuggin_t

Joe & Marshall never disappoint (besides Marshall not being around the track to give us all shit) some of the best trackside support i've gotten ;) thanks again guys

S3aturnR

i agree that those maniacs from turn one racing are one of the great things about NESBA mid-west. they make riding FUN!

s3aturnr

Demps

A 1:18 on a 98 GSXR600 is not F***ING around. Nice work Jim.

Oh ... and ... yeah props to Turn One Racing. :agree: