turning over a new leaf?

ta2kutz

so after years of neglecting my body ive broken down and decided to get back into shape,
now im not a huge fat slob but im definately not what i was 10 years ago. so i joined the gym, and im gonna try to quit smoking in the near future, im eating much better, cut out soda and fast food.
im even thinking of taking yoga(to be a little more flexible on the bike)
im tired of coming back in after 10-15 of a session just cause im tired and sore.
anyone have have any suggestions for stretching to help while im on the track?

i guess i could just buy lighter stuff for the bike but this is gonna be cheaper.
well i started at 240, let see hwat i can get down to by next spring. im gonna treat myself to a nice weekend at vir, and might hit up calabogie with some freinds too.
:crs:

STEAKUM

ta2kutz;20788 wrote: i wrestled for 12 years trust me ive done enough puking for a lifetime.
Funny, my diets during wrestling always consisted of running in rubber suite feasting on lettuce, grapefruit & ice cubes, just to drop 8lbs overnight!........................maybe I'm due for that again!:wow:
Getting old sucks in so many ways!!:doh:

ta2kutz

hey steak!!!
you gonna head to njmp in november?
ill be there for my first A day!!!
yeah the whole sauna suit thing ws a norm. i went it the day of a match once me and another kid. we both came in a 125 and one of us had to go 119. i ran on the bus for 2 hrs(away match) and dropped the 6lbs. i wasnt a real good eater as a kid. id practice then go eat at burger king. come back to the school and yak till i was back down to the weight i left at........
i dint know you wrestled, but i guess you were in ny. almost as bad as wrestling in nj hahahahah

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
stretch out your hip flexors and rotators...since a majority of your time is spent in a crotched position, you are subject to tight hip flexors...which plays a significant role in back pain as the hip flexors cause lumbar extension (or lordosis) in the closed chain...

think of it this way....if you hip flexors are tight, it will be as though you are arching your back everytime you stand up straight....

some things like this:

hip-flexor-stretch.jpg

or this:

Hip_flexor_stretch_a.jpg

STEAKUM

Yeah, started @ 155 and finished 177/180lbs Section One NYS Champ 1982/83:rolleyes:
Used to have to drop from 200lbs to 180lbs between football and wrestling seasons (2 wks)! > Wish I could do that now!!:wow:
I'll be at NJMP as long as Mother Nature holds out!

ta2kutz

NICE ITLL BE GREAT TO RIDE WITH YOU IN YOUR GROUP NOW.
yeah the hip flexors get stretched out every day. i hate that first couple laps at the track when id get a nice crampo in my hip